shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold dome ring inherited from my great-aunt

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I inherited this ring from my grandmother, who received it when her sister, who wore it all the time, passed away. I used to not like it but within the past year I've been wearing it a lot more (especially as an alternative engagement ring when my other jewelry is yellow gold rather than white metal - this ring is the piece that made me like yellow gold!) and really enjoying the dome shape. I haven't seen many rings of this shape on PS, even with stones set in them, so I thought I'd share. Someday I'd really like something similar to this with a diamond bezel-set in it - I think that would be lovely!

I don't know anything about when it's originally from or who made it (there's no makers mark on the inside - just the 14k stamp). My knowledge of old jewelry styles is not enough for me to even make any guesses, but I'd appreciate any guesses you guys have or info on when rings like this were popular. My grandmother is old enough so that any information she gives me on the ring would be unreliable.

You can see in the side view that some of the detailing on the side has worn away.​

IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0477_0.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0479.jpg
IMG_0480.jpg

eta: how do I make it so that the text wraps instead of getting cut off under the sidebar? Other people's posts seem fine, but mine look all wonky.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really pretty ring distracts!!! I really like it and it looks so nice on you! Thanks for sharing this with us, I love seeing the different styles of older rings.

Malajube

Rough_Rock
I like it very much. I was given a similar ring when I was younger and I used to get a lot of compliments when I wore it. Unfortunately it was lost and I still miss it. I think It would be lovely with a diamond.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I have always liked the shape of a dome ring! The dome ring has been a popular shape since the 1950s and it has reappeared many times in fashion jewelry since then.The ring you inherited looks to me to be from about 25-30 years ago,but this style of dome ring is available even today.To me it looks like 1980s style and manufacture. i would wear it often because it really looks nice on your hand!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it! It looks lovely on your hand and the detail is just stunning!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've always loved the "bombe" style.

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely and what a treasure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results