shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to Vegas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock

Im heading out to las vegas on a business trip next week (i cant believe it! im ecstatic!) anyhow, due to the looong loooooooooong trip to get there and time spend in the conference, i will have very limited time to actually do much!

so for those of u who have suggestions on the best restaurants/shows/places to go please let me know! =)

i get there on Monday the 14th around 6 pm (after a 22 hour flight! eeeck) and have the next day free...my conference is on the 16th and 17th and then i have the 18th free...so!!! please share ideas =)

oh yeah! the conference will be at the Luxor and thats where we''ll be staying..(my hubby is coming too! yay =) we can re-live part of our honeymoon again
9.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have to see ''O'' at the Bellagio!! But tickets sell out fast or they only have the scrubby ones where you have partial view (for $95!), so call ASAP! We got lucky and got seats about 8 rows down by calling back after talking to a phone rep, thinking we were going to order the seats that she told us about the first time (which were okay but nothing great and far back) and a whole new block had just opened up!

As for food, god I could make a list!!! The restaurants at Bellagio, and Mandalay are pretty good, most of the 5 stars we have tried. I liked Le Cirque and this other one on the water at Bellagio I think which I can''t recall right now.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thanks =)) i''ve already been to O and the Rita Rudner Comedy Show in NYNY...went to the buffet at the bellagio and the italian at the venetian, PF Changs at Aladdin and camped out in sephora while my hubby kept looking at this watch while i tried a million colors on =)

Has anyone seen the new production by Cirque de soliel ''Ka'' ?? it looks good and was thinking we can go to that...??

i am dying to buy a new Prada/Gucci or LV...not sure which one i want..any suggestions?? =)

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be there the same week!
1.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 2:57:29 AM
Author: tawn
1.gif
yay! are u there for business or pleasure?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! vegas! my BF and i are heading there for thanksgiving and staying 6 days. we haven''t been before, so i have been doing lots of research. we are staying at the Paris. We have tickets for "O." i bought the tickets weeeeeks ago, and they were sparse then. but i would definitely check to see if they have any. Renee at WF suggested Bellagio Botanical gardens, Voodoo Lounge at the Rio Hotel, and the roller coaster at NY NY. i know i''d really like to eat at the Picasso restaurant at the Bellagio. and of course there''s the shopping!! have fun!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We''ll be in Vegas also over Thanksgiving weekend. One of the newest shows is "Avenue Q" which won many Tony awards in 2004 (for the 2003 year). It''s an adult muppet musical, but on top of being muppets, the technological aspect of this show is incredible! (We saw it on Broadway and already have tickets for November!) You''ll never be able to look at muppets the same way again after this show!!! It''s playing at the Wynn Hotel.

As far as eats, if you like buffetts, then go to any hotel that ends in the word "Station." There are several, like the Palace Station, the Texas Station and the Boulder Station to name a few, who have great buffetts and do not cost the price of the downtown strip! Some people love the Rio Carnivale Buffett, but IMHO it''s overpriced and sometimes you have to wait up to 3 hours to eat during the rush hours!! The Station buffetts are cheaper (usually $10-12 for all you can eat) and the food is good.

Hope this helps!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue Man Group is a must see if you have not done so in the past.

peace, movie zombie

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I saw Avenue Q on Broadway too! So good!!! Get tickets for that!!!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I third the vote for Avenue Q...loved it on Broadway!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm for restaurants there are soooo many. How about Mix @ Mandalay Bay, Bouchon @ the Venetian, or Shibuya @ MGM. Shows sorry, can''t say I have seen any lately. Last show for me was Mystere. As for places to go are you looking for clubs, bars, spas?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
any good sushi places? and not completely $$$$?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
We eat sushi a lot. Our favorite place is Malibu Chans. It''s very popular with locals but it is not on the strip it''s near the Summerlin area. Shibuya is a sushi/Japanese restaurant on the strip but it is expensive.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are looking for something exciting and different for you and hubby to do during your one day "off," I highly recommend one of the desert helicopter rides (if you are into that sort of thing). My husband and I went last fall with another couple and we all took a helo to the Grand Canyon (it''s about 4 hr. trip from start to finish). It''s very romantic and so much fun...it''s also a good way to see the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead without spending the time driving there. We got our own personal DVD made of the whole thing and I still watch it! We also went to the Stratosphere for dinner one night...it''s very romantic also (the revolving restaurant on the top floor, I think the 96th?). I''ve only been there twice, so that''s really all I can recommend..the first time was our honeymoon and we barely left the room, wink, wink.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you get a chance, visit Fred Leighton''s shop at the Bellagio. Best collection of goodies anywhere.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 11:23:30 AM
Author: jcrow
any good sushi places? and not completely $$$$?
NOBU! It is $$$ but it''s AWESOME. Our vendor took us there the last time we were in Vegas, I don''t even want to know what the bill was like but it was greart. Some stuff is so-so and some is just absolutely knock out. Depending on what you like, definitely. The hit of the night was a lobster salad and I don''t remember anything other than that but it was DIVINE. It got SO many raves. I could eat it for lunch and dinner every night. Their fresh sushi/sashimi was VERY GOOD.

And for 2 people it may be alot cheaper but we had like 10 people all chowing down and drinking. They also have a great drink list for a sushi place. Nice ambiance too. It''s in Mandalay or the Hard Rock ... I can''t remember!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby and I were just in Vegas in October. We caught KA and it was AWESOME!! There seriously is not a bad seat in the house! We really enjoyed it!
As far as places to eat, you''ve already gotten a ton of great suggestions but if you''re into buffets, you must try the one at Aladdin. It is AMAZING.
Have fun!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 4:20:11 AM
Author: msb700

Date: 11/9/2005 2:57:29 AM
Author: tawn
1.gif
yay! are u there for business or pleasure?
Pleasure!
1.gif
My mom is having some major surgery just before Christmas, so this is her "Christmas" celebration. Doing Vegas with her daughter and 2 of her sisters! What more could she want? Since it''s a girl only event, we''re going to see the Thunder from Down Under!
31.gif

The Blue Man group is awesome! Really creative...

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow! thanks u all for the suggestions!! i''m writing all of them down and will try to get as much as possible done in my two off days between the conference =)

i''m watching las vegas (the show) now and i can''t help but grining more and more everytime i see the strip and hotels and i just can''t wait to be there! yay
9.gif

tawn: thats really sweet =) im sure ur mother and all of u will have a BLAST!

mara: i went to nobu in london and i have to say i was not impressed at all!!
7.gif
after all the raves and the reviews i thought i would be knocked out by their food, but it was very average to say the least..so i really do hope that this vegas one is much better!! i love LOVE sushi =) thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Fun! We are going in December! Staying at the Bellagio and then The Hotel at Mandalay! We are seeing O and Avenue Q and trying to pull some strings to get sold out mama mia tix (even though I live in NY and see no shows LOL)... Was thinking about the chopper tour of the grand canyon...but I'm afraid of heights and hubby doesn;t like to fly. LOL...

I'm SO at the Bellagio Buffet. Going to Prime at the Bellagio...but I heard N9ne (9? Nine?) is better for steak.... There are so many other places to eat...I'm in the process of checking them out! My husband has very simple tastes and I don't eat much meat ... so I'm probably not going to go to a lot of the top places.

It's Vegas Mania!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
msb,

If you like steak and seafood, you have to try the Luxor Steakhouse. Their filet mignon and jumbo gulf prawns are my fave!! I eat there everytime I go. Their spinach salad and escargot is delish too. If you never ate escargot, you have to try it. It''s so yummy.
18.gif

What ever you do, don''t eat at the Eiffel Tower restaurant in Paris. Mediocore food for high $$$$$. Nice view tho!
1.gif

The last two shows I saw were Blue Man Group and Zumanity. They were both very good. Enjoy! Have a great time! I''m going in January for my friend''s bachelorette party. We are going to go crazy then! Hee.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Have fun! I love vegas, have been there 3 times this year! And planning my wedding there. All the cirque shows are good, I''ve seen them all but KA. As for food depends on the money you want to spend. Aereole in Mandalay is amazing! THey have this huge glass wine tower and girls that are pulleyed up to get your wine....its pretty amazing (prefix around $100pp). I''m with mara on Nobu....yummy! The eiffel tower restaurant is good, much better than mon ami gabi (maybe thats because we have one here in Chicago. OF course for free time go to fred leighton to window shop and walk around the wynn its really amazing.

have fun!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Milly just saw you didnt like the eiffel tower, too bad. Its one of my favorites. Best escargot en croute EVER! I do agree it is pricey, but everything is! (except the breakfast buffet at Paris, my personal fave!)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 2:16:23 PM
Author: msflutter
Have fun! I love vegas, have been there 3 times this year! And planning my wedding there. All the cirque shows are good, I''ve seen them all but KA. As for food depends on the money you want to spend. Aereole in Mandalay is amazing! THey have this huge glass wine tower and girls that are pulleyed up to get your wine....its pretty amazing (prefix around $100pp). I''m with mara on Nobu....yummy! The eiffel tower restaurant is good, much better than mon ami gabi (maybe thats because we have one here in Chicago. OF course for free time go to fred leighton to window shop and walk around the wynn its really amazing.

have fun!

thanks for the Aereole suggestion. i saw it on tv- i think the travel channel, but couldn''t remember the name!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes AUREOLE is fabulous for dinner. Le Cirque too. Did I mention that already? Oh and for steak that place in Mandalay that is famous...can't recall the name.

Vegas for me is always $$$$ because I always want to eat at the best places. I am soo not a buffet person, even the nicest buffets don't interest me.

And I love to see shows too. The room usually ends up being the cheapest thing during the trip.

I'm going in Jan for our annual industry show so looking at airfare and hotels now. Already planning what to eat and hope to see a show with some of my friends from work! I'd like to see Zumanity or KA this time around! Mamma Mia was at SF so we saw it 2 years ago, HIGHLY recommended if you can get tickets in Vegas. Such a great show if you love ABBA which we do.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i don''t do buffets either. i just don''t eat enough for it to be worth it. plus there is just something wierd about them. IMO of course.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 2:24:35 PM
Author: jcrow
i don''t do buffets either. i just don''t eat enough for it to be worth it. plus there is just something wierd about them. IMO of course.
that is so how I feel Jcrow..I know tons of people love the buffets in Vegas but I just have a mental block. I don''t find the food interesting enough usually, and I don''t eat enough to make it worthwhile, aka paying $35 for a buffet, I''d rather have a good specific meal or get tapas or appetizers and try different things that way. And pre-warmed and re-warmed food, TOTALLY not my thing. I have had a few good buffets here and there, but they are not my first choice.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh- i doubt we''ll do any buffets while there. actually it''s funny- b/c my BF and i already planned out eating- that we''ll do appetizers and dessert the whole trip if possible. that way we can try lots of stuff for less money. that''s what we do at restaurants anyway= so why not in vegas!!
oooohh i can''t wait!!!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh you silly gals are nuts! It's not sizzler salad bar LOL... I'm ALL OVER the Bellagio Buffet! I'm a little too excited about it LOL Keep those clean plates coming!!!!!

I'm trying to upgrade to a nice suite at the Bellagio...I want that whirlpool tub! Hubby says it's a waste..I say it's one of the most important parts of my vaca (with my own tub spray/cleaner of course...LOL....even at the Bellagio...Maybe *especially* at the Bellagio!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that the nice buffets are not like Sizzler!....we went to a Mother's Day one at a 5 star restaurant earlier this year for $55 per person, I felt totally pressured to eat a bunch even though I wasn't that hungry!! I spent the whole time eating crab and lobster because I wanted to get my money's worth...hahha. But bottom line was I would have rather done appetizers off their regular menu to try things I REALLY wanted and had more tastes that I was interested in. Buffets don't usually have 'specialty' foods...because it has to be a 'crowd pleaser'.

Whirlpool tubs are a must! That was part of what sold us on our house...we don't need to get it at vacation places now because we have it at home. Now if it was just BIGGER...we both fit but we said in our next place we want a bigger one so we have more space! I say upgrade! You'll have saved money from the buffets.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results