shape
carat
color
clarity

going to ERD to look at some rings, advice?

neuman101

Rough_Rock
i had previously posted a thread about finding a ring for my gf...i would like to spend in the 20k range. While not 100% certain, she think she would like an asscher or squared emerald cut diamond. Has anyone been to ERD in the city? Is it a showroom? What can i expect, ill be working with Gary Friedman, has anyone worked with him before? Thanks for any and all advice. I would also like to check out GoG as it gets sparkling reviews here.

Also, how are ERD settings? would it be better to buy the diamond from him and take it somewhere else to be set?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I can't really comment as I have never bought anything from ERD or GOG however, I don't think you can go wrong with either vendors. I have sent friends (non- PSers) to both stores and they have sparkling reviews. ERD is well known for their cushions diamonds and from my personal opinion if you are going with a casting halo (example the HW halo) I think ERD does one of the best cast versions. If you are looking for an asscher or other step cut diamond I think both will be able to show you options.

I have heard many PSers have bought dimonds from both of these stores and had them set at other places...though typically I think ERD does more settings and custom settings then GOG. I think most people just buy diamonds from GOG but don't set them there. This is one against just from what I have read on PS.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Neuman101,

ERD is GREAT!! They are in an office - it's really nice.

I think that the easiest way to go is to get both the diamond and the setting together (and probably best value). You don't have to go that route if you don't want to though - a lot of Pricescopers get a diamond from one vendor and a setting from another (including me!). ERD's facebook page has a lot of pictures that are better quality than their website.

Here's some pictures and video of what ERD made me:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-yellow-cushion-in-halo.165545/

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
There aren't a lot of ready made rings to look at there other than what they have for other clients. I suggest you check out different styles at Michael C Fina first :) Once you have a direction on what you want ... let ERD know so they can pull some diamonds for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results