shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to a gem show tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Any tips? Should I bring cash, or do they accept credit? Will they haggle? I have something specific in mind that I am looking for, but I might get sidetracked by all of the sparkles!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have fun! I''ve only been to one. The vendors I talked to would haggle on prices but I honestly never bought anything so I don''t know on payment. I hope you find something really pretty.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how exciting!!! Take your camera and post pictures...
31.gif
31.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been to a couple. They''re a lot of fun!!!

Definitely try to haggle! Especially if you buy more than one item from a vendor. They usually take either cash or credit.

Sometimes I was able to get better pricing if I paid cash but you have a little more buyer protection if you use a credit card.

Always get a receipt and ask about return/exhange policy. I had a ring lose a diamond shortly after I bought it. Luckily, the vendor allowed me to return it for a full refund.

Have fun and post pictures!!!
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 10:58:52 PM
Author: mochi
Oh, how exciting!!! Take your camera and post pictures...
31.gif
31.gif

I wish I could post pics, but there are no cameras allowed inside! But, I will definitely try to post pics if I but anything!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
wow, a gem show?! that sounds like so much fun. enjoy!
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have fun, and don''t forget to show us any "pretties" you get. I haven''t been to a gemstone show in years. My head would explode and my eyes would fall out if I did. I''m jealous you get to go!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I echo all comments so far. Perhaps you could also keep a keen eye out for suppliers that we don''t already know about. Always good to investigate someone new.

Have fun!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Gem shows are fun
1.gif
you can haggie...esp now that they really need people to buy

i went to one last month and i took sneaky pics with my iphone
31.gif

gemshowoctfun.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
one more
1.gif

blinkygemshowfunoct.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results