shape
carat
color
clarity

Going through my pearls...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
...and trying to re-design, complete or clear them out. :)

One "problem" is that I have two lovely ripple strands that I realized I don't wear much because I don't have any earrings that I like with them. I think the multi-colored ones are from POJ and the whites are from PP. I also prefer yellow gold so I might have the clasps switched:

p1_0.jpg

I was so happy to find these on the Kojima Pearl site, 14.5mm ripple pearls. I just ordered them, so it might take me a while to get this all together:

14_5.jpg

Also, I don't wear these pearl earrings. I love the pearls (from Kojima, icy pink metallic in real life) and I love the settings I had them put into (Pearl Paradise), but I don't like them together as much as I thought I would. I think I'll put the new ripple pearls onto the settings:

p2_0.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few more pics, although I think I've posted them all before. Hopefully, the big ripple pair will help me pull it together. I'll post the finished stuff when I get it done:

img_2641_0.jpg

img_2639.jpg

white_ripples_2_0.jpg

new_haul_1_1.jpg (the white ripple strand is in there somewhere)

white_ripple_neckshot_1_0.jpg

img_1911_2.jpg

img_1909_1.jpg

ripple_necklace_0.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Great collection! Just lovely. :love: :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those strands on you! You should definitely have them restrung with a gold clasp to make them more wearable for you (because I don't see you wearing white metal at all when given a choice). I suspect gold mismatch has contributed to your lack of wearage.

As for the earrings, I see what you mean. The pearls seem to fade into the gold a bit and get lost. Maybe they'd make good huggie drops? The luster is fantastic on them, so it would be good to find a way that they work for you. I like the new ones. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearls. Great idea switching the clasps! And the pink metallic drops are lovely. Do you have a setting in mind?

I love how adaptable pearl jewellery is. If a piece isn't working for you it's usually pretty simple to restring/reset it. It's strangely satisfying! :lol:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. Here are the earrings. I'll post the ripple strands with them after I get the clasps changed:

ripple1_0.jpg

ripple2.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really good together Seaurchin, although I love the pink metallic pearls. The finding is perfect with the ripples. What will you do with the pink drops?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Frost Me. I haven't figured out what to do with the pink drops yet.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The findings look so much more proportional with the ripples - they overwhelmed the metallics since they flared out wider than the curve of the drops. I hope you will wear the heck out of them and the necklaces now.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what I thought too. I think the larger ripples are much more suited to the findings than the smaller drops. Good to know that those findings look great with larger pearls!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here they are. I'm sure I'll wear these strands more now. :)

img_0782_1_.jpg

img_0783_1_.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful seaurchin - the pearls really pop against the yellow gold.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you'll get a lot more wear out of them now. I love the ripple earrings with the strands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results