shape
carat
color
clarity

Going on a safari in Africa. What jewelry should I wear, if any?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I need more details about this trip. Where exactly did you stay? How was the food? What did you pack? Did you wear any jewelry?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I need more details about this trip. Where exactly did you stay? How was the food? What did you pack? Did you wear any jewelry?

We went to several wildlife reserves and national parks in Tanzania. It was not very strenuous. We were driven around in vehicles by very knowledgable professional guides--mostly we were just sitting in the vehicles bumping over rutted roads, taking photos and staring at the amazing wildlife. We stayed in lodges and camps--fancy tents with bathrooms in them, just like hotel rooms. The food was good, mostly fairly bland Western food, but once or twice they served local-style dishes that were more interesting. We had boxed picnic lunches to eat in the vehicles. I brought cotton trousers and long-sleeved t-shirts in greens and neutrals, good binoculars, converters for my phone charger, sunblock, insect repellant, hat--just the basics. I wore my plain wedding band (which I never take off) and little huggies to keep my earlobe holes from closing up, no other jewelry. One woman in our group didn't get the no-jewelry memo and wore a CZ tennis bracelet and a bunch of other stuff; nobody seemed to notice, and it didn't scare off the animals. (She told me she was really into bling and said if I ever wanted to buy a diamond, she would help me. But she also told me she could tell the difference between lab and natural diamonds at a glance because lab diamonds are "too sparkly," so I'm not planning to take her advice.)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love you photos and your trip sounds amazing, but that CZ bracelet lady :lol-2: I’m dead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results