Which diamond would you buy?

• GOG 1.55

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • BN 1.61

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well said MGR!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:35:28 PM
Author: Abril
Another reason to ignore the upgrade policy: having a choice to upgrade may leave you dissatisfied with your purchase

See this interesting video

Well worth watching in its entirety.
I think you''re missing the point, and strongly disagree.
See Ellen''s explanation above.

I have a GOG stone with a lifetime upgrade policy - and I am far from dissatisfied with my purchase - actually the opposite.
I appreciate the security in knowing that is something bad were to happen, if both Fi and I were to lose our jobs, yada yada (not impossible prospect for folks these days) - I have the security of 100% buyback for my stone..
Not a BS rip off price from a pawnshop.

I have to ask, How can you possibly continue to find fault in this policy??

Besides, ppl in this thread are saying its a better stone, not just better policies.

silverbuggy, I own an Isee2 and am continually impressed by it - GOG hands down
5.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the GOG stone because of the trade-up policy. I have bought diamonds from both vendors and was happy, but you never know if you might want to trade up. Just my opinion.

swl

Shiny_Rock
definitely BN. It''s cheaper, better color quality, about the same cut, what''s the point of paying for more?

beach

Brilliant_Rock
The BN stone is the same shape but not the same cut... No upgrade policy

kamahsutra

Rough_Rock
I voted for the GOG. Main reason was the flexibility of trade up program, and it''s an ISee2 stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote GOG.

ring tutor

Rough_Rock
I know this is not exactly the issue, but I would not chose a diamond solely based on an upgrade policy. As we are all too aware of these days, jewelry stores are closing all around us. Even incredibley reputable companies. Look at Fortunoff for instance. A store with a fantastic reputation. A trade up policy only works if the company backing it is still in business. Just food for thought in these scary times.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:50:14 PM
Author: ring tutor
I know this is not exactly the issue, but I would not chose a diamond solely based on an upgrade policy. As we are all too aware of these days, jewelry stores are closing all around us. Even incredibley reputable companies. Look at Fortunoff for instance. A store with a fantastic reputation. A trade up policy only works if the company backing it is still in business. Just food for thought in these scary times.

great point.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

Something to consider, but it''s not like the GOG stone is a dog. Far from it. I still think it''s safer to go to the store with the upgrade policy if you think you''ll utilize it in the future.

swl

Shiny_Rock
lol while we talk about this, the diamond at BN is already sold.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:28:11 PM
Author: neatfreak

Something to consider, but it''s not like the GOG stone is a dog. Far from it. I still think it''s safer to go to the store with the upgrade policy if you think you''ll utilize it in the future.
No. In fact, I''d bet more than a nickel it''s much better cut than the BN stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 3:35:18 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/5/2009 3:28:11 PM
Author: neatfreak

No. In fact, I''d bet more than a nickel it''s much better cut than the BN stone.
Thritto

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Good Old Gold is a family owned business, and I think there are now three generations working there and Jon is probably 40 something (?), so I expect them to be around a long time!

I did want to correct something, though. There is a 100% trade-up and a 75% buyback (or at least that was the policy when my stone was purchased). And truly, the buyback is VERY valuable as well as the trade-in policy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 7:02:18 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, Good Old Gold is a family owned business, and I think there are now three generations working there and Jon is probably 40 something (?), so I expect them to be around a long time!

I did want to correct something, though. There is a 100% trade-up and a 75% buyback (or at least that was the policy when my stone was purchased). And truly, the buyback is VERY valuable as well as the trade-in policy.
that was their policy when i bought my stone from GOG in 04.

MrsDarthKim

Rough_Rock
Silverbuggy--- whenever I look down at my ring, I can see the arrows..:) and re: photographs-- you need natural lighting and a steady hand-- I took pictures using my point and shoot canon powershot sd600-- the key is to also put it on digital macro setting-- which is a function setting. :) (excuse the dark photo-- had to use my camera phone... )

3337687790_4b0856ac64.jpg

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:06:33 AM
Author: MrsDarthKim
Silverbuggy--- whenever I look down at my ring, I can see the arrows..:) and re: photographs-- you need natural lighting and a steady hand-- I took pictures using my point and shoot canon powershot sd600-- the key is to also put it on digital macro setting-- which is a function setting. :) (excuse the dark photo-- had to use my camera phone... )
Aww thanks for the quick tutorial MrsDarthKim! Haha boyfriend and I are actually looking to buy a new camera...will make sure to find one with good macro setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results