shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Rocked Finding My Rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jvs30

Rough_Rock
Like many others, I found this site after spending too many hours looking over sub-par diamonds at upscale diamond stores throughout the state. I did all the due diligence (or so I thought) when I came upon pricescope.com and goodoldgold.com. After reading all the information my brain could soak up on current and past posts I began checking out vendors. I finally decided with Jonathon at GoodOldGold. I can’t thank him and his staff enough, so I figured the best way to thank him would be to write a testimonial similar to those that I found useful when making my decision.

Jonathon was quick to respond to all my inquires (both by phone and email) and I made an appointment to head down to his store. I was particularly impressed with how busy the store sounded over the phone yet he took time to answer all my questions, he truly made you feel like you were his only customer. The night before my trip I ranked the diamonds I was interested in (sight unseen) using the massive amounts of information Jonathon uses to catalog his stones. I made the 2.5 hour trek and checked out all the stones that I was interested in. I finally made the decision on a .91 VS1 G H&A (61D, 55.2T, 34.4CA, 40.9PA) 1.4 on HCA (scored 0.7 with the numbers spun by Dave Atlas during the appraisal to my pleasant surprise). It faces up whiter than white and isblinding in the sun. I can even see the bands of colored light shining on the side of my nose or my shirt when looking at it! While at the store I dealt mainly with Amy with Jonathon assisting and Christen provided all the post-purchase details. They were all superb and lived up to all I had read on them and went above and beyond the call of duty.

The whole process couldn’t have gone smoother. Purchased on a Tuesday (very flexible with multiple credit card transactions), Sent to Dave Atlas on Wednesday (very fast, quick turnaround), Sent to Vatche for setting in their Royal Crown. They only needed about a week to get it back to Jonathon where it was inscripted and engraved and then sent back out to me.

I can’t thank GOG and Pricescope.com enough, they have made myself and my fiancé very very happy!

Here is a pic but it doesn’t do it justice by any means. If the others I took turn out better I will post those.

finished.jpg

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and thanks for your story! I'm looking for a diamond in a couple months and was planning on contacting Jonathan in the near future.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Simple. Classic. Elegant. Absolutely gorgeous!
love.gif

Many Congrats on your purchase.
1.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/28/2003 11:52:43 AM jvs30 wrote:
The whole process couldn’t have gone smoother. Purchased on a Tuesday (very flexible with multiple credit card transactions), Sent to Dave Atlas on Wednesday (very fast, quick turnaround), Sent to Vatche for setting in their Royal Crown. They only needed about a week to get it back to Jonathon where it was inscripted and engraved and then sent back out to me.
----------------

jvs - congrats on your purchase. I'm considering a RC setting as well. When you said inscripted and engraved, I assume you mean a custom words/symbols engraved on the ring, right? Do you know if this will *void* the Vatche warranty? And does the engraving goes with the flow of the D'Vatche stamped on the inside of the ring?

TIA.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats...the stone looks amazing. Great choice!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone!!
appl.gif
appl.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey JVS!!!

We appreciate the kind words. My sister has the patience of a saint eh?
1.gif
We especially love it when our clients can take the time and come see the goods live as you have and see the cherry picking process for yourself. Most don't have this luxury. All of us at Good Old Gold wish you nothing but the best J and we are honored to have played this role during this important chapter in your life.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 5/28/2003 12:29:54 PM jlim wrote:

----------------
On 5/28/2003 11:52:43 AM jvs30 wrote:
----------------

jvs - congrats on your purchase. I'm considering a RC setting as well. When you said inscripted and engraved, I assume you mean a custom words/symbols engraved on the ring, right? Do you know if this will *void* the Vatche warranty? And does the engraving goes with the flow of the D'Vatche stamped on the inside of the ring?

TIA.

----------------
Hi Jlim,

You may want to drop Christen an email ([email protected]) and she would know the answer to that question.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results