shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG chunky cushions - design opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring arrived in NY (Massapequa) this morning, so I expect GOG to receive it today.
9.gif

AJ,
That 1.2L is a beauty. I doubt that it'll be there for long.
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2009 7:27:29 PM
Author: loriken214
AJ,

GREAT NEWS.....I heard back from CM and they DO accept outside diamonds for setting!!! YIPPEE!!!
36.gif

Here''s their reply:

We do resets with
customers'' diamonds. Stephanie

Lori
Yippee! This is great. Which design are you thinking of?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 4:08:50 PM
Author: packrat
AJ, I contacted BGD about my future ring too! Granted, the ring''s not something I''m doing right *now*, but I''d like to have an inkling of what my prospects are if CM won''t do it. I''ve not heard back from Lesley yet, but am looking forward to her reply. I''m actually thinking of going w/them regardless..someone else in CS, when I mentioned my concern about CM using an outside stone, said they''d used her stone for a necklace, and they were ok doing it for Whitby..so I dunno if it''s something that, like was mentioned in my thread, if they make an exception for heirloom/sentimental pieces, or what. Looking forward to finding out what you hear from them!

Hey packrat,
lol that we both thought BGD straight away..did you see Lori''s post below? I wonder about the inconsistency in CM''s response to you - what kind of stone did you ask them to use hon?

Well, when the time is right I hope you have the piece of your dreams created - if you need to go that way, I''m sure BGD are entirely capable of creating something special for you
5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did get a quote from BDG but it didn''t have the delicacy I was looking for.
15.gif
Their pricing is very good though so I''d go to them for a different project.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:55:44 AM
Author: Chrono
My ring arrived in NY (Massapequa) this morning, so I expect GOG to receive it today.
9.gif

AJ,

That 1.2L is a beauty. I doubt that it''ll be there for long.
31.gif

Isn''t it?
Yeah, I have no idea why more people haven''t caught on to the awesomeness of lower colours like some
PS''ers have...I know I''m hooked, lol..

Awesome news about the ring!
36.gif
Are you excited?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:02:46 AM
I did get a quote from BDG but it didn''t have the delicacy I was looking for.
15.gif
Their pricing is very good though so I''d go to them for a different project.

Hey C, can you elaborate what you mean by the above (if you don''t mind)..?
And do you know, do BGD work solely in CADS and cast pieces, or do they also handmake pieces?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
I believe everything is CAD then cast. As far as I know, I don't think anything is handmade. I guess this is where the delicacy comes in - there just just no way to get something like that in a cast piece.

ETA
My ring is done and GOG received the trade-in stone. It should be arriving tomorrow. The temporary setting is HIDEOUS! I guess I knew it would look bad but I guess I didn't expect it to be this bad.
14.gif
It looks like the diamond is just stuck atop a plain band and it sits so high up. Oh well, it's not GOG's fault.
I guess I'd better make up my mind soon on the permanent setting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:01:32 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 6/16/2009 4:08:50 PM
Author: packrat
AJ, I contacted BGD about my future ring too! Granted, the ring''s not something I''m doing right *now*, but I''d like to have an inkling of what my prospects are if CM won''t do it. I''ve not heard back from Lesley yet, but am looking forward to her reply. I''m actually thinking of going w/them regardless..someone else in CS, when I mentioned my concern about CM using an outside stone, said they''d used her stone for a necklace, and they were ok doing it for Whitby..so I dunno if it''s something that, like was mentioned in my thread, if they make an exception for heirloom/sentimental pieces, or what. Looking forward to finding out what you hear from them!

Hey packrat,
lol that we both thought BGD straight away..did you see Lori''s post below? I wonder about the inconsistency in CM''s response to you - what kind of stone did you ask them to use hon?

Well, when the time is right I hope you have the piece of your dreams created - if you need to go that way, I''m sure BGD are entirely capable of creating something special for you
5.gif
The first time, I asked about an OEC, and then this time, I asked about the cushion spinel Barry''s going to do. I''m kinda glad I''ve started asking about settings and such early enough, so I''m not sitting here with a stone dying to have it set right away!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
AJ,

With the two rings together, i do see the distinct differences! Duh!!

SO now that CM will take your stone, what''s your decision or you are still waiting for Jon to iron some details first? This is very exciting!!!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 12:44:14 PM
AJ,

I believe everything is CAD then cast. As far as I know, I don''t think anything is handmade. I guess this is where the delicacy comes in - there just just no way to get something like that in a cast piece.

ETA

My ring is done and GOG received the trade-in stone. It should be arriving tomorrow. The temporary setting is HIDEOUS! I guess I knew it would look bad but I guess I didn''t expect it to be this bad.
14.gif
It looks like the diamond is just stuck atop a plain band and it sits so high up. Oh well, it''s not GOG''s fault.

I guess I''d better make up my mind soon on the permanent setting.

According to Leslie, my martini studs setting was handmade. Having said that, if you are looking for really delicate stuff, there are other choices like Leon who had proven in delivering really delicate stuff. Now that I have both BGD and Leon''s stuff, if budget allows it, I''ll go to Leon if I want delicate settings (esp for rings since I see it so often).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 12:44:14 PM
AJ,

I believe everything is CAD then cast. As far as I know, I don''t think anything is handmade. I guess this is where the delicacy comes in - there just just no way to get something like that in a cast piece.

ETA

My ring is done and GOG received the trade-in stone. It should be arriving tomorrow. The temporary setting is HIDEOUS! I guess I knew it would look bad but I guess I didn''t expect it to be this bad.
14.gif
It looks like the diamond is just stuck atop a plain band and it sits so high up. Oh well, it''s not GOG''s fault.

I guess I''d better make up my mind soon on the permanent setting.

Ah ok, thankyou for explaining.
Oh no, I''m sorry that you don''t like your temp setting - is it from Stuller or something like that?
Yes, you must decide asap that cushion deserves a better home!..
3.gif
I read you mention Leon in the other thread,
do you have any concrete ideas yet?

I also have some great news - GOG came through 110% and fixed up all my insurance and shipping woes - Its all been sorted by them, I just have to drop my ring at FedEx
36.gif

So, with a lil luck I''ll be looking at a couple weeks only now instead of a couple months
36.gif

Thankyou Jon and Vicki at GOG !!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 2:18:35 PM
Author: GoodSoul
AJ,

With the two rings together, i do see the distinct differences! Duh!!

SO now that CM will take your stone, what's your decision or you are still waiting for Jon to iron some details first? This is very exciting!!!

Hey Goodsoul,
yeah, no decision yet sorry. Still have to wait to find out both prices from CM and another vendor, and also about my Legato.
But at least things are finally on their way!
36.gif

ETA: and thankyou for the further info about BGD.
5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
Yes, it''s a plain Stuller but looks to have a knige edge. I can''t decide if I want to go with the Leon Racheal, 3 stone with red sidestones or something antique.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:19:32 PM
AJ,

Yes, it''s a plain Stuller but looks to have a knige edge. I can''t decide if I want to go with the Leon Racheal, 3 stone with red sidestones or something antique.

which ones the Rachael again? Do you have a pic?
I really dig the three stone as we discussed before - would you use spinels..rubies?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of red spinels measuring 5.1 x 5.3 mm which seems like a good fit for a 3 stone. I have the Rachael on my memory stick but I''ve posted it here too. Off too look...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found it! It looks basically like the earrings (W shaped basket with double prongs) but on a ring. The seat or "donut" will also be square as shown.

LMRacheal.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:34:42 PM
Found it! It looks basically like the earrings (W shaped basket with double prongs) but on a ring. The seat or ''donut'' will also be square as shown.

Ah yes, I see your dilemma that would be awesome - infact those earrings are gorgeous!

Is there a reason why you couldn''t do both? Say, the rachael head in the centre and single claw prongs
to hold your (convenient) spinels? That''d be pretty cool...
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I hope nobody minds, but I''m going to be totally self indulgent here and post some last pics of my H&A - we had one last photo shoot before I packed her off and dropped her at FedEx this evening.
My ring is due in the US on monday, which also happens to be the day my new chunky cushion is due back from GIA
9.gif

So, please say goodbye to Perry the 1.25ct K SI1 Isee2
39.gif
35.gif

Even though it was a totally overcast and gloomy day, she still managed to perform
2.gif

DSC04479rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pink arrows

DSC04478rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
glamour shot..

DSC04428rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
catching the tiny bit of sun..

DSC04420rs.JPG

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful shots A.J - I''m sure you are sad to see her go, but I''m glad GOG was able to sort things out for you. Can''t wait to see your new baby!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Goodbye arrows..
7.gif

DSC04442rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 8:08:21 AM
Author: softly softly
Beautiful shots A.J - I''m sure you are sad to see her go, but I''m glad GOG was able to sort things out for you. Can''t wait to see your new baby!

Thanks SS ! Yes, this was my good bye ritual - must be one of the most photographed diamonds around, lol..

still can''t believe she was a K !

DSC04464rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
she even put on a lil bit of a fire show for old times sake
5.gif

DSC04468rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

DSC04432rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
last one, ok I'll stop being self indulgent now, lol..
a bit more sparkle..

cheers for looking and letting me be a nerd guys.

DSC04453rs.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 9:12:35 AM
Author: Ellen
LOVE this.

2082_.jpg

I''m in the camp of loving the taper with a few small stones!
I am years late to this party, but I''ve got to say - this setting is ridiculously beautiful!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farewell beautiful H&A RB. Soon it’ll be Hello gorgeous chunky OMC.
31.gif
My ring was supposed to have been shipped yesterday to be delivered today. I’m waiting for the phone call to tell me it’s here for pickup.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 9:30:25 AM
Farewell beautiful H&A RB. Soon it’ll be Hello gorgeous chunky OMC.
31.gif
My ring was supposed to have been shipped yesterday to be delivered today. I’m waiting for the phone call to tell me it’s here for pickup.

*ahem*..photos..?
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results