shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Asscher....it's HERE!!!!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
My GOG Asscher is finally here!!! It was supposed to arrive yesterday but due to bad weather in Memphis it was delayed. I shouldn't really even complain though because working with Jonathan at GOG was so fantastic and actually such a quick process compared to how long some people search. He nailed it right away and SO and I couldn't be more over the moon! :love: :love: :love:

Specs:

1.72 L
VVS2
6.68 x 6.58 x 4.55
Polish: Ex
Sym: Ex
Culet: None
D: 69.10%
T: 58.40%
Finger size is 5

I tried to take the best pics I could under the circumstances but I only had my iPhone and my hands were shaking pretty badly (in a good excited way!) so they are not the best. The stone is going straight to the local jeweler now to be set! The color is amazing! I can see warmth in certain light but in other light it's white to me! I doubt I'll ever really notice the color unless comparing it side by side to a much higher grade.

As I'm typing this SO just got back from our jeweler and he was completely BLOWN AWAY by the asscher! When we first met with him and told him the specs I could tell he was skeptical about the L color. SO said when he looked at the stone he could not believe that it was an L...He louped the stone and was amazed (I think he was checking to see if it was real :cheeky: ) And he asked SO if he could hear what we paid for it and he couldn't believe the price either! SO said he went to the back to look something up and came back out and said he thinks our stone is worth 3-4k more (BM prices of course...but still makes us feel good).

I think it goes without saying that this is another great PS success story and I want to give a HUUUGGGEEE thank you to everyone at Good Old Gold! Jonathan is amazing and I don't think we will ever buy pretties anywhere else again! :appl: :appl: :appl:

OK, finally on to the pictures!

fave_hand_shot_0.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
hand_shot_fave.jpg

hand_shot_2.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
hand_shot.jpg

hand_outside.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
One last cropped close up....this will be my avatar pic until better ones are available :bigsmile:

Sorry for the lousy pics but we didn't have much time bc I wanted that puppy to the jeweler ASAP!

newavatarasschershot.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beecushion!!! WOW!!! :love: :appl: :love: You have found an AMAZING diamond!! GOG really came thru for you in your search - congratulations on such a stunning stone!!!

And what are the setting plans????

:lickout: Love IT!!! :lickout:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrates!!!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
We are going with a simple solitaire for now because I can't really make up my mind yet. I keep leaning towards a 3 or 5 stone look though, so that might be what we eventually decide to do...ericad's asscher is my FAVE! I've saved a pic on my computer for inspiration down the road...but hers was 3ct so I'm not sure if it will look as amazing with my 1.7. I will also add bling with wedding bands...I'm thinking maybe 2 thin pave bands or a non-matchy band with an antique feel. I'm really into 1920's art deco style.

Here's the link with the picture of ericad's TDF ring! (Does anyone know who has it now? I think she sold it but I can't remember who got it, was a PSer though right?)

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...d-cuts-asschers-a-collection-t113993-300.html

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think with such a STUNNING stone, the solitaire is the way to go!! Anything else could potentially take away from that diamond as the main focus. I'm a solitaire vote!!

Its gorgeous in that video! oooh, loving your stone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your stone is Amazing!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• imageuploadedbytapatalk1359666952.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,305

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom, you read my mind! I love that and I actually have a ring exactly like it already, just not the right size and in WG. I am definitely considering something just like that as a WB because it also gives me that antique feel I love!

ETA: We're doing the setting in platinum so I'll need to go plat for the WB too.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow wee!!! Congrats!!!
A great size!!!! Sits on your finger nicely. Nice coverage. I am a fan of the solitaire setting. However ericad's and diamondseekers settings are AMAZING!

Have fun in the design process!!! Can't wait for the SMTB posts!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations!!!! :appl: :wavey:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
:love:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
YAYAY!!! You got it!!! I looks gorgeous and huge on you!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Bee that stone is gorgeous :love: :love: :love: If I ever upgrade I'm going to Jon/GOG for sure. I love the facets and can't wait to see it set! So excited for you :))

A note on color-I have a K EC and it rarely shows color. I know the general concenus here has been that step cut stones show more color but I believe it's quite the opposite. Mine looks white most of the time. And the trade-off you got in size, plus an amazing performing stone, heck I'd take that L any day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!!!! I am SO glad you love it!!! :appl: It is beautiful and BIG! :love: :appl:

When will it be set in the temp setting? I may have missed that because I was looking at the pics!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous stone!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your asscher is TDF!!! Congrats!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone! Yes, a solitaire! I could also see that stone totally rocking a halo :cheeky: Helloooo, gorgeous!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely stone!!!! Honestly, that is such a stunner!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you made a believer out of me. L is
The new G! :love: ;))

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! I love lower colors. :)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: Congrats! Amazing stone, and perfect size! Can't wait to see it set! Million gazillion pics please :bigsmile:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
incredible!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
whoooo it looks amazing!!!! How long will it take for the setting to be done?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
backwardsandinheels|1359688856|3369272 said:
Wow, you made a believer out of me. L is
The new G! :love: ;))

Hahahaha, :lol: :lol: backwardsandinheels.... You win the LOL award! Love it!

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments... I can't recommend Jon enough, he is seriously a GENIUS!!!

DS and pandabee....Not totally sure on the temp setting timeline. He originally said about 3 weeks (we told him no rush so we might be behind some with deadlines). But SO is taking over now in order to maintain some aspect of surprise. I've given my "notes" haha, but I'm out of the loop now. Rest assured that there will be a million pics once that thing is on my finger! Then of course I will be accepting WB suggestions, lol!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! It's going to look so gorgeous as a 3-5 stone ring!!! X :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results