shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG and DCD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dc amateur

Rough_Rock
What can you guys tell me about Good Old Gold and Dirt Cheap Diamonds. I''ve heard good stories about both and have done my homework on their loose diamonds. I have an appointment with GOG to look at some things next month, and I like the fact tghat they have a storefront. I also know that Dirt Cheap has location in Frederick Maryland, which isn''t too far away. Any more indications of why one might be better than the other, or just personal preference based on available stone?

bling

Shiny_Rock
You will find that there are many great online dealers here, and most folks will give you an opinion based on their searching or buying experience with the vendor they chose. we went with GOG and they were fantastic! you can run a search for my testimonial on PS to read more about my personal experience. but to add to it, i did upgrade my stone with them as well..they have their lifetime upgrade policy..and i was soo worried at first. but just like they say..they took the stone back and i traded up for a fantastic new stone..i went a little larger the second time around. all in all...the staff at GOG is professional, knowledgeable and are genuinely interested in your wants and happiness in the end. they are not pushy and tell it like it is.. I workded with Christen and Jonathan both, and could not have been happier. my ring is outstanding...i love it...the diamond..beautiful.
i would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a beautiful stone.
not to take away from any of the others here on PS though..as you cant go wrong with any of them... good luck!
appl.gif
rodent.gif
10.gif
9.gif
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I haven't bought from either, but if you do a pricescope search on each vendor, you will find LOTS of testimonials for each. There are many customers from each here, and reading their stories might be helpful for you.

good luck!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
We recently purchased my engagement ring from Dirt Cheap Diamonds, and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. Great service, great price, beautiful ring. I will be forever indebted to Pricecope for pointing me in the direction of a terrific vendor (DCD) and an excellent appraiser (Rich Sherwood.)
1.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
GOG and DCD are both excellent vendors IMO. Which one you should go with is dependent on the rapport you have with them - how well they have related to you and how comfortable you are dealing with them. The level of services is also slightly different between the two so you have to determine what you need to ease your anxiety with such a purchase.

Either one should serve you well.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results