shape
carat
color
clarity

GOD HELP ME I''m going to buy this Marc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Jacobs in about 2 minutes. My husband will divorce me. I used to hate this now I love it.
In black of course.
Please stop me!

marcjac.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do it do it do it
11.gif

seriously, i love it. really really love it.

eta: i think you should get one in this color too
12.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s too late to stop you! lol Congrats on your new bag!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Bad influences! :)
Well, I didn''t do it b/c I''m waiting to hear back on whether they can next day it to me. I want it for the weekend.
I really really want it. But it''s so much money. I think I must have low self esteem andI need an expensive bag to make myself feel better abut myself LOLOLOL
41.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
ooooo and I think you need a new pair of shoes to match...
12.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no, VERY bad if you''re ordering it for ONE weekend. . .lol
2.gif

If you love it, you should get it. Follow the simple mantra I follow, "I deserve it." hahaha

Oh, and as a result of your post, I was tempted and went to the MJs site, but the place sucks and none of the links work properly.
7.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you have to get it!
as it is with clothing trends these days, you know the tattered jeans, flip-flops, etc., the purse has become the only real and substantial indicator of style.
2.gif

and you''ll need one in each color
12.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to throw up. I just did it. OMG. OMG. OMG.

Well, can I live with you guys when hubby finds out?

As luck would have it belle, I DO look like a bag lady! Now I'm going to have to live in this one!

LOL M/C....not just for the weekend...but probably for the next few years...I just happen to be going out with friends this weekend...u know how it is ;-) (I'm so shallow)

And BTW- I SO don't deserve it. Hubby bought us a new bed and new LCD tv this weekend. I'm such a bratt.

I think I feel very guilty right now. Not sure it was worth it.
7.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
you''re gonna loooove it!
you can feel guilty for just a little bit now, but by tomorrow you better be walking proud with that baby! it''s awesome!
18.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the price range for Marc Jacobs purses?

Deborah

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Oh posh! We''re girls- we deserve it all!
It''s an, ummm, an investment! Yeah! That''s it!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
My guess is $500- $1,000

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 4:06:14 PM
Author: AGBF

Deborah
you can get an idea here

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 4:10:13 PM
Author: belle
Date: 6/2/2005 4:06:14 PM

Author: AGBF

Deborah
you can get an idea here

OK. I got the idea. Now at least I know I *cannot* get a purse!

Deb :)

And moremoremore, enjoy your new bag!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I have no business buying it either! I'll add it to my grand collection....of two other hand bags.
6.gif

I don't know what it is. I don't care for a brand name generally speaking. But when it comes to a purse, I can't help myself. My husband bought me a Louis a long time ago (and it's the last one I'm ever going to buy) and I'm hooked.

Well ladies, I guess you see that my user name is quite appropriate.
38.gif

OK. I'll fess up. I feel guilty b/c I charged it. Guilty is not even the word. I'm disguisted and excited at the same time. I will pay it off when I get paid in two weeks. But I feel like I'm letting hubby down. But at the same time, I can't help myself! That just shows you I'm not a grown up at all
14.gif
...OKOKOK, I said that about my new chair too. I bought it one month ago and didn't pay it off. I WILL pay these off in June. But I feel like a giant jerk.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 4:20:30 PM
Author: moremoremore
I have no business buying it either! I''ll add it to my grand collection....of two other hand bags.
6.gif

I don''t know what it is. I don''t care for a brand name generally speaking. But when it comes to a purse, I can''t help myself. My husband bought me a Louis a long time ago (and it''s the last one I''m ever going to buy) and I''m hooked.
Just remember designer purses are worth their price. . .if you get a classic, it''ll be in style FOR YEARS. Plus, if you grow bored, you can resell on ebay. I''ve sold two of my handbags there (one for 1/4 original price and one for *half* what I paid - so in a twisted sort of logic, expense is totally justifiable)!
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 4:20:30 PM
I WILL pay these off in June. But I feel like a giant jerk.

Do not ruin this by feeling guilty! As long as you are financially stable, enjoy what you buy! (If you were not financially stable, feeling gulity wouldn''t help, anyway.) You are working and, I believe, young? Enjoy it while you can!

Deb :)

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, I like it!!! You''re such a little devil
11.gif

I love handbags, especially black leather....yummmmyyyyy. It''s such a weakness for me. I found this beauty at my local TJMaxx....in black, of course
3.gif
I''d been wanting this particular Hype bag, and had never seen it for less than $165. Well, lo and behold one day on a shopping trip to the Maxx this baby was there on clearance with a sale price of $65
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Needless to say, it is MINE now and I''m quite enjoying it, as you will yours this weekend
10.gif

hypegr.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Very nice bag! And a good buy too!

OKOK. I'll relax. Yes, definitely financially stable...and I LOL at even if I wasn't, feeling guilty wouldn't help! :) Very good advice indeed!

And you are right MC. it's an investment! :)

Although I am nervous right now about the web site. It was not a dept store. And one post online (out of many) said they were fakes
6.gif

Well, we'll see. No use worrying about it now :)

*** edited! Well, I read a tutorial on marc bags and I'm pretty sure this one is real. It was 725 compared to 950 so that's why I was nervous. In any event, they haven't confirmed the order or shipping. I already emailed them to cancel though. Doesn't look like I'll be getting it
7.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ummmm, Fey, don''t you have a thing about cars.....expensive cars?
11.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no. I was looking online at discount sites but think that it''s not worth saving a couple hundred bucks and ending up with a fake.

Sorry about you deciding to cancel your order. Where''s the "hugs" icon?
3.gif

Are you going to reorder from a department store?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I was getting so excited about your purchase and then read down to the bottom....that really sucks that they havent gotten back to you!!! Which site were you ordering off of? I always look at ones like citymoda but i''m never sure if the discount justifies figuring out if it is fake or not. I am looking for a new job and a few weeks ago I decided that with my first pay check I will be treating myself to a MJ bag, I''ve been staring at them for so long, its about time!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh Noooo..

MMM, they have the bag at www.eluxury.com for $895. It's under the Marc Jacobs Collection - Classic Handbags section. I have ordered Louis Vuitton accessories from them and they are the real deal. Take a peek and see what you think.
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
more
you''re a character
30.gif
i always get a good laugh when i read your post.
41.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
:) Thanks Dancing...husband doesn't think I"m so funny though :)

Well, I had to cancel the bag. I asked myself why the black bag would be sold out everywhere but some random internet site (chictogo) would have it for $200 less? But I WILL get that bag! Thanks for all your help! I really like e-luxury, but I gotta have my black! :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so, what are you going to do about having a bag for the weekend?
39.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Sucks. Dunno. Maybe try to be a grown up? Naaaah, that won''t work! :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 12:36:58 PM
Maybe try to be a grown up?
nooooooo!!!!!!
11.gif

(hope you have fun this weekend anyway!)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well! I bought one! THis is it. I like it even better than the other. I got it on ebay which I know is a huge risk...but it wasn't one of those power seller stores. The girl answered all of my questions and said to take it to a marc jacobs in the city and get it checked out and if I had any problems, which I won't, she'd refund me! I've been studying these bags and the pockets are the right size and the flap bells out a little. The inside zipper and metal tag are correct too So I'm excited! Thanks guys!

marcjacobs.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
yay!!
36.gif
i''m glad you got your mj! ebay is a great place to find deals like this!
(and rugs
20.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results