shape
carat
color
clarity

Go Mizzou! (also I''m about to buy a diamond....)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arf7ea

Rough_Rock
I've posted a few times on this forum in trying to buy my 1st diamond, and have had a good experience thus far in trying to purchase a diamond from a Pricescope dealer. (will reveal source if I buy it). I am currently having it appraised by RockDoc- supposed to call him today. Here are the proportions from the dealer, followed by the ones Bill e-mailed me. If anyone has an opinion on it I'd love to hear it!

Dealer- Color: F
Cut: Round Brilliant
Clarity: VS2
Weight: 1.0 ct
Diam: 6.39 mm
Total depth: 3.97 mm (62.1%)
Pav. depth: 2.73 mm (42.7%)
Pav. angle: 40.8
Crown angle 34.6
Table size: 56.2%
Culet: 0.9%
Girdle min: 1.4%
Girdle max: 2.7%
Girdle avg.: 2.2%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: None

RockDoc- Color: F
Cut: Round Brilliant
Clarity: VS2
Weight: 1.0 ct
Diam: 6.39 mm
Total depth: 3.96 mm (62.0%)
Pav. depth: 2.74 mm (42.9%)
Pav. angle: 40.8
Crown angle: 34.6
Table size: 55.9%
Culet: 1.7%
Girdle min: 1.4%
Girdle max: 3.0%
Girdle avg: 2.2%
Fluorescence: None

Price...$4500

The only main difference seems to be Girdle max, which by Bill's estimate is in the "thick" range.
Thanks! Go Tigers!

:appl:

arf7ea

Rough_Rock
Also, I wanted to ask if anyone had ideas for additional questions I might ask Bill. Thanks.

wade_44

Rough_Rock
From the numbers, they sound almost identical. Maybe you should compare they Firescope pictures.

P.S. I am a Mizzou grad student! M-I-Z

arf7ea

Rough_Rock
:twirl: It is the same diamond, just 2 different Sarin reports!!! I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback??

Z-O-U!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You'll get some of the best feedback possible from Bill. Sit tight. ;-) He'll tell you things about the stone none of us will sine he is *seeing* the stone ... all of it. While the Sarin data is detailed Bill will also be able to tell you the effects of the minor facets as well. The best anyone here can do is give wild guesses and why listen to wild guesses when you can get facts?

just my .02c

Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results