shape
carat
color
clarity

Glow-y little emerald project(s) small studs and pendant

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It all started with the purchase of a pair of diamond earrings from LT/DB. I decided to reset the low color 4mm diamonds in a bevel set. I was left with a pair of lovely 6 prong yellow gold earring settings. My jeweler is a gemologist and his store is full of unset stones. He said I could reset the earrings instead of scrap them. Who am I to argue with a new set of earrings? Sounded like a great plan.

What to do with yellow gold settings? emeralds! I went through many trays and found these glow-y little gems in a sea of 4mm emeralds. I picked them for glow and bright color. Yesterday dropped back in to pick up the emerald earrings and was honestly surprised at how much punch a little emerald stud can have.

This also set in motion a pendant project (more below)

20160206_072909.jpg 20160206_071128_0.jpg
20160206_070812.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
At the same time, I picked out an a 1.62 ct Colombian emerald and commissioned a chunky yellow gold pendant.
Looking forward to having it back. It will take about 4 weeks.

20160206_074947.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Those emeralds look great, especially co feasting with your darker hair. I love yellow gold with emeralds. If I keep the gold sqeaky clean it adds a kind of light that enhances the Emerald glow. Looking forward to seeing the pendant. Also how fun to treasure hunt for gems in your jeweler's stash

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sungura. There is something about the bright green emerald and yellow gold together that marries into something greater.

For years I have lusted over the Colombian yellow gold chunky pendants with emeralds. Sometimes they are shaped in a cross, sometimes in a figure. Most often a handmade look to them. That combination is magical. Hope this pendant comes together with the same feel.

*EDIT: I forgot to mention, having the opportunity to dig through boxes of emeralds with 20-100 per box to pick out the favorite color was pretty much heaven.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, those emeralds certainly have oomph!! What a glow.

I love yelow gold combined with emerald green :love: as it indeed morphs into something even more luscious.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
moneymeister. I am smiling as you talk about the colombian Emerald and gold pendants. Perhaps you live in metro Miami, NY or Houston? I am married to a Colombian and we maintain a bilingual and bicultural home and go to Colombia every year at least so I am very familiar with these pendants. Part of the magic is that they use 18k gold. Nearly all jewelry in Colombia is handmade and Colombians tend to prefer handmade even if rustic looking vs stock or CAD. My engagement ring is a handmade Emerald and yellow gold ring (the deal with my husband was that since both 18k yellow gold and emeralds are fragile, I would wear my ring daily for the engagement only and then more as an occasional use ring after that) But back to those pendants. Sadly you will see much more in US than Colombia. There is more and more theft in the cities so people are not wearing heir gold and emeralds in public.

Sorry for thread jacking. I was just so happy to see a non Colombian take interest!!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sungura|1454781828|3987762 said:
moneymeister. I am smiling as you talk about the colombian Emerald and gold pendants. Perhaps you live in metro Miami, NY or Houston? I am married to a Colombian and we maintain a bilingual and bicultural home and go to Colombia every year at least so I am very familiar with these pendants. Part of the magic is that they use 18k gold. Nearly all jewelry in Colombia is handmade and Colombians tend to prefer handmade even if rustic looking vs stock or CAD. My engagement ring is a handmade Emerald and yellow gold ring (the deal with my husband was that since both 18k yellow gold and emeralds are fragile, I would wear my ring daily for the engagement only and then more as an occasional use ring after that) But back to those pendants. Sadly you will see much more in US than Colombia. There is more and more theft in the cities so people are not wearing heir gold and emeralds in public.

Sorry for thread jacking. I was just so happy to see a non Colombian take interest!!!

Oh not a thread-jack at all. That handmade look is so complementary to emeralds. Agree the deeper 18k add even more rich buttery contrast. It's so nice you shared your love and connection to the emeralds. I don't have a cultural connection to the gold and emeralds. I live in Virginia, so it's not a local trend. It's a shame that people can't comfortable wear and enjoy their emeralds in public in Colombia.I'm a little jealous you can go to Colombia and see the beautiful emeralds.

I would love to see your engagement ring!. Do you have a picture on PS? Feel free to post it here if you care to share!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Those are really pretty. I live in MD...could you share the name of your jeweler?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sure thing. I am an hour south of Winchester in the Shenandoah Valley. A Different Facet in Harrisonburg. It's a small family run shop.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MM! I'll have to visit if I'm ever in VA wine country.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these! :love: Glowy and Beautiful on you. :love:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your kind comments on the earrings :)

The pendant is here. It's actually been home with me for a while, but I am getting married next month so I'm pretty scattered right now.

finishedp.jpg

Not the best lighting, but tried to grab a neck/ear shot. this calls for better contortion skills than I have.
20160404_105824set.jpg

20160303_150828123_0.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations!

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Great pendant, I love that green with yellow gold!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings and pendant. I love that beautiful green. :love:
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double congrats - for your upcoming wedding and for your beautiful earrings and pendant.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic set! They look great on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results