shape
carat
color
clarity

Glove-friendly Vintage style in yellow gold??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
After ripping the lining of a glove yesterday with a rhr, I started reconsidering smoother styles than the Vatche Royal Crown I favored thus far. I have seen a number of vintage style rings that seem to be smooth and set rather low. They are very pretty, but I don''t recall seeing any in yellow. I know it''s not as popular now, but if anyone has photos it would be great to see them. And, although they look more modern, I guess bezel settings would also be glove friendly. Thanks a bunch in advance!
BB

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think I favor vintage pieces because they are set so low and just in general are more rugged without monster prongs and huge Eiffel Towers of metal. Are you looking for an antique or you want to make a repro?

Lots of ways to set something repro antique if that''s what you want. If you want an antique, what are your preferred looks?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with this baby for a RHR, and it can be made in 18K yellow gold. It has a half-bezel for the center, and I believe there is a similar style that can be made to sit even lower...
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

VC_1032.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I''m not the only one who looks at rings and thinks "Can I wear gloves with that ring on? Why would they set the stone so high? Will the lining rip and the prongs bend?"

I love this bezel design but not sure if that would be too modern for your taste.

double bezel.jpg

liaspar

Rough_Rock
I love that bezel ring, baby monster. Mind sharing who makes it?

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
I have a number of antique pieces of furniture, so I don''t mind if the setting is old, but it doesn''t have to be... a repro is fine. I really don''t know what style I would prefer. Guess I need to look a while. I have a couple more months til I need to know.
By the way, I love your photo - wearing a hat like that is an art form! Very classy, Nicrez.
BB

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
L.I.B., where did this come from? It''s very pretty and feminine. It has the same flowery look as your forget-me-nots!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 3:38:43 PM
Author: baby monster
I guess I''m not the only one who looks at rings and thinks ''Can I wear gloves with that ring on? Why would they set the stone so high? Will the lining rip and the prongs bend?''

I love this bezel design but not sure if that would be too modern for your taste.
baby monster,
I just saw this setting in the other post. Yes, I think it would be too modern. I don''t HAVE to have vintage, but this one seems a bit too stark for my taste. But I appreciate your posting it.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 10:13:43 PM
Author: ButterBean
L.I.B., where did this come from? It's very pretty and feminine. It has the same flowery look as your forget-me-nots!
BB, I just adore flowers! I love them so much I llike to have them draped around my fingers at all times
2.gif

The ring I posted is by Van Craeynest. The picture is from an online bridal mag. I do not believe this particular ring is listed on their website (their site is a bit sparse), but I called them and asked about that ring a while ago...I remember it was ring number 1032. I like rings with low profiles too and the company told that there is a version of that ring that can be made to sit even lower on the finger. Their pierced rings look very heavy in the pictures but are actually quite delicate in person. The details are amazing and if you love deco/vintage pieces, I definitely recommend looking at some VC rings in person. They made my heart go all fluttery!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was browsing through SMTR (love the eye candy) and saw this design. It has a vintage feeling and the center stone is set very low in a bezel.

bezel 2ct I SI2 18k 2.JPG

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 3:38:59 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 11/21/2007 10:13:43 PM
L.I.B., where did this come from? It''s very pretty and feminine. It has the same flowery look as your forget-me-nots!
BB, I just adore flowers! I love them so much I llike to have them draped around my fingers at all times
2.gif

The ring I posted is by Van Craeynest. The picture is from an online bridal mag. I do not believe this particular ring is listed on their website (their site is a bit sparse), but I called them and asked about that ring a while ago...I remember it was ring number 1032. I like rings with low profiles too and the company told that there is a version of that ring that can be made to sit even lower on the finger. Their pierced rings look very heavy in the pictures but are actually quite delicate in person. The details are amazing and if you love deco/vintage pieces, I definitely recommend looking at some VC rings in person. They made my heart go all fluttery!
You''re so right about this site! The detail is truly amazing, and I love several of the bands shown on the site... especially the acorn band for my ff - he''s a deer hunter and has acorns on the brain.
28.gif
I wish they would show more engagement styles on the site. Maybe if I request, they would send emails of others? Anyway, sorry for not writing sooner. Thanks for your help. - BB

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:56:35 PM

You're so right about this site! The detail is truly amazing, and I love several of the bands shown on the site... especially the acorn band for my ff - he's a deer hunter and has acorns on the brain.
28.gif
I wish they would show more engagement styles on the site. Maybe if I request, they would send emails of others? Anyway, sorry for not writing sooner. Thanks for your help. - BB
Oh my gosh ButterBean! My husband tried on the tapered acorn band when we went to San Francisco. I'm not sure why it looks green in the picture (darn flash
19.gif
) as it was 18K yellow gold, but that ring is really cool in person.

Also, I'm not sure if Van Craeynest would email you pictures of other rings. You might want to call them and ask. They are more phone oriented than email oriented, as I learned this when I purchased my engagement ring and both of our wedding rings (even did a custom piece), and when I visited. There are lots of pictures of their rings at Micky Roof, but Mick's prices are outrageous. Your best bet would be to call VC directly. If you do, be sure to ask for Larry and tell him Sarah says "hello!"
2.gif
3.gif

VCacornband0001.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This may be somewhat off topic, but I just found the perfect gloves/mittens combo to wear over my very high set e-ring.

They''re from Target, and they are gloves on the inside but mittens on the outside. The brand is Merona, the outside is 100% leather and the inside is 100% polyester, and they are SO WARM! I bought them in the L/XL size so they''d be a bit big and they don''t snag on my ring at all. Also, I can drive in them even though they''re mittens, the leather grips my steering wheel quite nicely.

Even if you get one of these beautiful low-set rings, I''d check out these gloves/mittens!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results