shape
carat
color
clarity

Glittery, Sparkly, Blingy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabienne

Rough_Rock
I read a post last night where someone was trying to debate what size pointers to get the stones for an eternity band. I can''t remember the thread or the posters so I will rephrase the question and hopefully someone can help me, although I know a lot has to do with opinion.

What size pointers would you say give more of a shimmer or a glitter rather than a bling effect? What size pointers would you say are the minimum for bling factor? Also, does it matter what type of setting it is though?

I have a channel set wedding band, which I believe are 3 or 4 pointers but because they aren''t AGS0 quality, just maul store, they don''t give me bling factor. I know part of it has to do with the cut, but could it also be the point size or is it because it is channel set?

I''m getting a 3/4 eternity band made by BGD so of course I''m not concerned with cut, but since I already have a glittery ring, I''d like some more bling factor. I''m planning on having it channel set, so do you think 3 or 4 pointers are enough? I really really at some point want a ring that isn''t channel set because prong set rings seem to shine more but I worry about whether or not it will look too "off" with the three channel set diamonds on either side of my e-ring.

If I get a band that is prong set, does the size of the pointers make a difference in this case?

Finally, does anyone have bands/shanks that are not both set the same....for example, one prong and one channel set...can you share pics?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results