shape
carat
color
clarity

Glenn Lehrer

Anita38

Rough_Rock
Hello, everyone.

I was watching a shopping channel called Gemporia and they had on a gem carver called Glenn Lehrer. He was described as a living legend. I have never heard of him and a Google search only brings up Gemporia pages or his own website. Is anyone here familiar with Glenn Lehrer?

I remember hearing about him on QVC a while back. But it seems he also has his own website and is on insta and FB.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Similar to John Dyer but Johns are crisper

Anita38

Rough_Rock

Similar to John Dyer but Johns are crisper

Oh, yes. John Dyer's gems are sublime. I am not too sure about Glenn Lehrer's to be honest

Anita38

Rough_Rock
Interesting thing about Glenn Lehrer on Gemporia.... Most of the stones used for his jewellery pieces are coated topazes on various colours. Still, one such ring was priced at 399 pounds, believe it or not.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting thing about Glenn Lehrer on Gemporia.... Most of the stones used for his jewellery pieces are coated topazes on various colours. Still, one such ring was priced at 399 pounds, believe it or not.

If those stones were anything else, the price would have had another zero at the end...labour and materials have a cost.

Anita38

Rough_Rock
For Gemporia watchers, 399 is a great deal. Today they had a substantial opal ring for 299 and a few weeks ago they were selling Argyle diamond rings for a similar amount. It's rare with Gemporia to see prices that high. They were selling Columbian emerald rings for little more than that the other day. Of course the topaz is a 5 ct stone, but I was speaking with a few Gemporia fans and they prefer to spend that money on less treated stones rather than on Lehrer designs.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For Gemporia watchers, 399 is a great deal. Today they had a substantial opal ring for 299 and a few weeks ago they were selling Argyle diamond rings for a similar amount. It's rare with Gemporia to see prices that high. They were selling Columbian emerald rings for little more than that the other day. Of course the topaz is a 5 ct stone, but I was speaking with a few Gemporia fans and they prefer to spend that money on less treated stones rather than on Lehrer designs.
Didn't see any Colombian but they had pretty Panjshir Emeralds, very clean and very green but small, under a carat size stones.
I am a fan to be honest, got my hands on some nice fun pieces like a nice Kenyan Amethyst pendant, a Sapphire ring, a black Spinel ring (last Halloween) etc.
Lately they've had amazing Sleeping Beauty deals.

Btw, regarding your first post, Glenn has been with Gemporia for a long time. His stones/work have been featured many times.

Last edited:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I bought from gemporia once. I got a piece of garbage. Never again.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought from gemporia once. I got a piece of garbage. Never again.
I have lower standards :lol:
25 dollars for this, I think Kenyan Amethyst is not too common so I wanted one.

I aprilamy.png

Anita38

Rough_Rock
I have lower standards :lol:
25 dollars for this, I think Kenyan Amethyst is not too common so I wanted one.

I aprilamy.png

Love, love your Kenyan Amethyst. It's gorgeous! If that's having lower standards, I have them too.

I think with Gemporia is a hit and miss and depends much on expectations. I bought some lovely rhodolite garnets from Malawi from them and some truly dreadful diamonds (I bought some pink diamonds from Gemporia, my mother from TJC and we both had the same result: they look white to the naked eye). Many people also complain and quite rightly that their refunds procedure is terrible: they take forever to give customers their money back

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love, love your Kenyan Amethyst. It's gorgeous! If that's having lower standards, I have them too.

I think with Gemporia is a hit and miss and depends much on expectations. I bought some lovely rhodolite garnets from Malawi from them and some truly dreadful diamonds (I bought some pink diamonds from Gemporia, my mother from TJC and we both had the same result: they look white to the naked eye). Many people also complain and quite rightly that their refunds procedure is terrible: they take forever to give customers their money back
I found that to be the case and the refund takes from 2 weeks to a month.
Btw, I too got Malawi garnet (earrings for my mom). Those were really good stones and beat the usual dark Rhodolite by a mile.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results