shape
carat
color
clarity

Glam shots of my new BGD 8-prong studs!!! What do you think?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I can hardly wait to receive these!!!! They are supposed to arrive on Monday. I had initially purchased 2 stones from James Allen and was going to send them to WF to be set in the 8-prong settings. But once I contacted BGD to see if they had these settings, I was sold on their great customer service (Denise is awesome!) and was happy with the quote. And with the help of PSers, I decided to purchase the diamonds through BGD as well and I'm going to return the JA ones. The JA stones were a tad cheaper but I like having the option of BGD's upgrade policy if (when) I want to go larger in the future. Thank you mom2boys, DS, Amy's Bling, and Bosie for responding in the previous thread that I posted asking for help with that decision!!!

The first diamond is .313 ct and the other is .316 ct and they are both F SI1 Signature Ideals. Brian confirmed that they are both eye clean and honestly I'm not really that picky about them because they're earrings. Here are the links to the stones:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.313-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-104054189097

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.316-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-104054189103

So, now on to the pics. I think they are stunning but I do have one question - do you think that the prongs look too bulky or are the photos just making them look that way? I noticed that most of the earrings on the site have the little claw prongs. Would that not be possible for these earrings because the prongs are so close together? Or maybe the little claws would look weird for these earrings, the only 8-prong studs I've seen on PS have the round-ish prongs rather than the little claws. Anyways, let me know if I'm being crazy and over-thinking the prongs! :twirl:

1621_BrianGavin_8Prong2b_120111.jpg

7126_BrianGavin_8Prong1b_120111.jpg

9484_BrianGavin_8Prong3b_120111.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Glam shots of my new BGD 8-prong studs!!! What do you th

Glad to have been of help in your decision!

These glamour shots are always magnified so I think you will have to judge the prongs for yourself in person! I think they look stunning--they remind me of Yssie's set!

Be sure to add it to the "Show Me Your Diamond Studs" thread! Need ear shots soon, too!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thanks mom2boys! I almost forgot to mention those of you who helped me out, so I just edited my post to pass along my gratitude! And I'm happy you think they look like Yssie's, her beautiful earrings were one of the several sets of studs that inspired this purchase :naughty:

I think you're right, I should just wait until I receive them. I had 2 rings made by Sally at HOW (on Etsy) and I was scared I was not going to be happy with the rings after seeing the photos. But in real life, they are beautiful, so I think these photos just really blow things up.

I'll be sure to post earshots once I receive them and I'll add some pics to the studs thread then too. Soooo excited to finally have a pair of studs after seeing all of the beauties on here :bigsmile:

shortee78

Shiny_Rock

These are gorgeous! My next earring change will be either to bezels or the 8 prongs. May I politely ask about how much the settings and setting fee were? :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

can't wait to see the ear shot!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

shortee78 - My decision was originally between bezels and 8-prongs too :bigsmile: Definitely go to your local stores and try on a few different styles. I did not like the bezels on my ears at all. They didn't have any 8-prong sets locally but I love them on PS and I liked the 6-prong ones best of the ones I tried on so I figured I would be happy with these. I don't mind sharing the price of these, I hope I'm allowed to! The settings aren't on their website, so Denise told me that they should have been the same price as their basic 4-prong basket setting at $175 and then an additional $105 to set them. The first quote she gave me for the settings was a little bit less than that by mistake, so they honored that price for me so I got lucky :naughty:

minmin - I'll post pics next week once I get them! I hope they are a good size for everyday studs!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for sharing! I agree, everyone at BGD is so nice and pleasant to deal with!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock

those are stunning! i would not worry about the prongs - they look a bit more obvious since the pics are so huge. my guess is that they might make the studs look a little larger if anything. can't wait to see the ear shots! i think they will be a great size for everyday wear for sure.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice! I'd wait and see them in person before you decide on the prongs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think they'll be beautiful!!! :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think they'll be beautiful!!! :love: :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Can't wait to see them on your ears! They look beautiful so far!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thanks PA-C, Laila, DS, and Tigian! I never thought I would actually look forward to a Monday!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock

stargurl78|1322853783|3073029 said:
Thanks PA-C, Laila, DS, and Tigian! I never thought I would actually look forward to a Monday!
can't wait to check this thread on Monday!!! I am so curious how the prongs will look in real life :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

shortee78 said:
can't wait to check this thread on Monday!!! I am so curious how the prongs will look in real life :)

I know, I hope I can at least get a few good pics to post when I receive them. And Denise sent me an email saying that thanks to me, these settings are now on their site! :bigsmile: They are showing for $225 though, so the amount I stated previously was incorrect.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/eight-prong-studs-14k-white-gold-5775w14

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock

They look great.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

They are stunning! They look amazing in the 8 prong setting! I also had a fantastic experience with BGD and quite enjoyed my 'chats' with Denise!

You'll love them even more when you actually have them in your possession! Post the ear shots soon :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I agree with you that, based on the pics, the prongs look bulky. But, I don't care for 8 prongs, so I might be biased :???:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Beautiful!!! I'm jealous :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Ooh they look delicious! It will be interesting to see what you think of the prongs IRL. My guess is they look bulky from the huge photo. :))

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thank you DiamondsDiamonds, Enerchi, pregcurious, Amy's Bling, and HOT! I hope they are stunning in real life too!

Well I copied the photo into Powerpoint and reduced it down to the actual size of the earrings (yes, I had my caliper up to my computer screen and my husband thinks I'm crazy) and based on that, I don't think the prongs will be too bulky at all. So we'll see once I have them in my hands tomorrow.

MissStepcut - I realize that 8-prong studs aren't everyone's cup of tea. I love they way they look and I seemed to have some kind of issue with every other style - Bezels don't look good on my ears, 4-prongs make the diamonds look squarish and they seem to sit higher, I realy like 3-prongs but they can make the studs look triangular, and 6-prong studs are nearly impossible to find. So I think these will be perfect for me! Which style do you like best?

I'll post some more pics tomorrow when I get them!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

(First I have to say that I hate how your entire post gets erased if you upload an invalid file! Grrrrrrrr.)

Anyways, I received my earrings today!!! And I LOVE them!!! :love: :love: :love: The closest FedEx to me is near my parents house so I stopped by there after I picked them up and my mom couldn't believe how sparkly they are. They really are little firecrackers. The first few pics are on my iPhone and my parents have terrible yellowish lighting in their house so the photos really don't do them justice.

I think these earrings are the PERFECT size for everyday studs. At first I was looking at .25ctw so I was worried these might be a tad too big (I know, crazy, right???) but I love the size. And if I decide to go bigger, I can always take advantage of BGD's upgrade policy.

I was concerned with the size of the prongs but in real life they are much more delicate. What do you guys think of them?

Ok, on to the pics!

Iphone Dec 5 080.JPG

Iphone Dec 5 075.JPG

Iphone Dec 5 071.JPG

Iphone Dec 5 072.JPG

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really pretty and delicate! I'm glad you love them!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

A few more pics with my point-and-shoot (we have terrible weather here in MI today so maybe I can get some better ones tomorrow if the sun comes out)...

Earrings 028.JPG

Earrings 042.JPG

Iphone Dec 5 061.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

And a few more ear shots (ears are so gross to photograph! I swear my ears don't look this bad in real life!):

Earrings 004.JPG

Earrings 04-2.JPG

Earrings 013.JPG

Earrings 022.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

mom2boys said:
Really pretty and delicate! I'm glad you love them!

Hi mom2boys :wavey: Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh, they are so lovely Stargurl! :love: I love them and I'm glad you love them too! Great purchase! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE them!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

:appl: Beautiful! Classy and beautiful! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results