shape
carat
color
clarity

Given up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acbutk

Rough_Rock
WF is supposed to get me one tomorrow.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 11:27:28 AM
Author: acbutk
WF is supposed to get me one tomorrow.
Good deal. That will help a lot. I take it they just got this in?

acbutk

Rough_Rock
It''s not in-house. I think it''s just been listed recently. Why do you ask?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 11:59:07 AM
It''s not in-house. I think it''s just been listed recently. Why do you ask?
The reason I asked is because it didn''t show up on there yesterday when I did a search and found that other G SI2 that I linked.

Did you ask them about that one, I''m curious if the inclusions are an issue.

acbutk

Rough_Rock
They said the other SI2 wasn''t eyeclean. They said the feathers weren''t hazardous to the diamond. Supposedly, this SI2 is eyeclean. The grading report says it is indented natural and natural. Could you shed some light on that?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:17:44 PM
They said the other SI2 wasn''t eyeclean. They said the feathers weren''t hazardous to the diamond. Supposedly, this SI2 is eyeclean. The grading report says it is indented natural and natural. Could you shed some light on that?
Thanks. That kinda surprises me, just cuz it looked so good in the high mag pics. At least I know now, if recommending to anyone else.

This explains indented natural.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/indented-natural.863/

And a natural.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/natural.21401/

egs1

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure how important the numbers are, but it is hard to get ideal/excellent cuts etc even at places like Tiffany, Winston and Cartier. The rounding of GIA certs makes it even harder. Trust me...I''ve tried! However their diamonds still look great and I really like their settings.

Have to admit that you can also see the diamonds in person at B&M''s...but I can''t tell much difference between diamonds in the store since I''m no expert and they are all clean and under lights anyway. I still look somewhat at the numbers and trust the store (and pricescope). The prices at the local B&M''s aren''t much cheaper than those mentioned either. Guess it''s all a trade-off, but based on numbers and price you can''t beat online.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad you hung in there! It looks like you found a wonderful stone!
1.gif

acbutk

Rough_Rock
The Sarin report and Ideal Scope are in. Check these images out, let me know what you think.

.95 carat
G color
SI2
6.29x6.32x3.90
depth: 61.8
Table: 55
Crown angle : 34.6
Pavilion angle: 40.7
cutlet size: .6
girdle slightly thick

IS_GIA15640486.jpg

DI40X_GIA15640486.jpg

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/7/2007 3:21:10 PM
Author: DBM
Pricescope offers a wealth of information and certainly can be overwhelming but just remember this isn''t neuro surgery. Most of the comments and concepts mentioned on the forums about ideal proportions and colors and sizes, etc etc etc are just there to introduce you to the concepts and the issues to be more informed. If you ''make a mistake'' so to speak and buy a diamond that is too deep or too big of a table or too yellow or whatever it''s most likely that your fiance will be thrilled and think it''s beautiful as well if you thought so upon seeing it. It''s not supposed to be an unenjoyable experience :)
Good post Daniel. If you like strong blue fluorescence, a large table, or a "K" color, who are we to tell you otherwise? That''s why there''s an
automobile to suit the lifestyle of any human. Not everyone wants or owns a Mercedes.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 4:35:47 PM

The Sarin report and Ideal Scope are in. Check these images out, let me know what you think.

.95 carat
G color
SI2
6.29x6.32x3.90
depth: 61.8
Table: 55
Crown angle : 34.6
Pavilion angle: 40.7
cutlet size: .6
girdle slightly thick

IS_GIA15640486.jpg

DI40X_GIA15640486.jpg
Outside of it facing up a bit smaller, it looks good. But I can''t see your pics, red x.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results