shape
carat
color
clarity

Give Whiteflash Credit Card Details & Billing Address Before They Will Give You Idealscope & Actual

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyl

Rough_Rock
I requested for an idealscope image and actual pics of a particular diamond from Whiteflash and they said that I would have to give them my credit card details and billing address first... They did mention that the diamond is not with them though... Just wondering if that''s their normal practice?
Thanks!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't recall doing this. Is this a virtual stone, not one of their in-house ES and ACA stones? This is quite possible since as an outside stone, you will be charge the shipping from the broker to WF. If you end up purchasing it, then the price is "built" into your purchase.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 3:21:57 PM
Author: Chrono
I don''t recall doing this. Is this a virtual stone, not one of their in-house ES and ACA stones?
Chrono, no, it''s not with them.

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Yes, they did mention that it's not with them and that they would have to bring it in etc... But I just wanted to see an idealscope image and actual pics of the diamond... She didn't mention anything about having to charge for bringing in the diamond.... She just said they needed the credit card details and billing address in order for me to view the IS image and actual pics...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, if the stone is not in-house, almost all PS vendors will charge you the shipping cost of getting it from the broker to their location. Hence, most PSer tends to stick with in-house stones, or really get nickpicky on virtual stones.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 3:32:38 PM
Author: ladyl
Yes, they did mention that it''s not with them and that they would have to bring it in etc... But I just wanted to see an idealscope image and actual pics of the diamond... She didn''t mention anything about having to charge for bringing in the diamond....
Maybe they ask for that info up front, in the event you don''t want it. That way, they can insure they get paid, whereas if they didn''t get the info first, and then you didn''t want it, and wouldn''t give your info for payment. Kind of an insurance policy. That''s all I can think of.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 3:36:27 PM
Yes, if the stone is not in-house, almost all PS vendors will charge you the shipping cost of getting it from the broker to their location. Hence, most PSer tends to stick with in-house stones, or really get nickpicky on virtual stones.
I thought they only charged you if you didn''t get it...

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten WF to get in a couple of virtual stones. They ask for the credit card so they can bill you for the shipping back to the supplier if you don''t want the diamond.

They get it in because suppliers typically do not have IS or Sarin of all their thousands of stones. WF bring it in and run those tests for you.

Supplier pays for shipping to WF and you pay for shipoing back if you don''t want it.

HTH.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 3:38:36 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/27/2007 3:36:27 PM
I thought they only charged you if you didn''t get it...
Yes, if the stone is returned, then there will be a charge. If you purchase the diamond, then the price is already "built in".

ladyl

Rough_Rock
I really feel that they should have informed me about any forms of payment involved in bringing in the diamond etc... then at least I would know what to expect... Nothing about money was mentioned at all. I was about to give the details but decided to check here 1st to see if that was their normal practice...

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 3:37:34 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/27/2007 3:32:38 PM
Yes, they did mention that it''s not with them and that they would have to bring it in etc... But I just wanted to see an idealscope image and actual pics of the diamond... She didn''t mention anything about having to charge for bringing in the diamond....
Maybe they ask for that info up front, in the event you don''t want it. That way, they can insure they get paid, whereas if they didn''t get the info first, and then you didn''t want it, and wouldn''t give your info for payment. Kind of an insurance policy. That''s all I can think of.
We do ideal-scope images, ASET, Sarin & photos for all of our in-house diamonds. To produce them for an outside diamond we must bring the stone here - which we''d need to do in order to sell it anyway: We''re not a ''drop shipper,'' and it has always been our policy never to sell a diamond without having our gemologists examine it.

If it meets our quality standards (important to us, since we offer a lifetime trade-up on all diamonds we recommend) we''ll sell it to you and absorb the charge to bring it in. If it does not meet our standards we''ll recommend against it and there is no charge - we will continue helping you search. The only time we charge for bringing something in is when the client requests multiple stones be brought at the same time (we charge for those not purchased) or if the stone comes in, passes all of our tests, we recommend it and the client changes his/her mind.

Nice avatar by the way.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks John!

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Thanks John! At least I know what to expect now.
1.gif

Thanks Everyone!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 4:06:12 PM
1.gif

Thanks Everyone!
No problem! I did some investigation on your behalf and see this email was sent on the 23rd (if I've done my homework right & correctly located YOU that is).

34.gif
1.gif
Can you let me know if you saw this? If so, maybe we can work to compose a clearer explanation. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

1- We need a credit card on file.
2- billing address

We will bring the diamond in. We will provide pictures, Sarin, and Idealscope images of the diamond.

1- If the diamond performs well you may purchase it.
2- If the diamond is not a good performer we will send it back to vendor with no cost to you.
3- If the diamond performs well and you decide not to purchase it you will be charged (snip) for overnight shipping and insurance back to the vendor.

Please let me know what you would like to do!

Kind Regards[/i] >>

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 4:35:42 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Date: 7/27/2007 4:06:12 PM

1.gif

Thanks Everyone!

No problem! I did some investigation on your behalf and see this email was sent on the 23rd (if I''ve done my homework right & correctly located YOU that is).

34.gif
1.gif
Can you let me know if you saw this? If so, maybe we can work to compose a clearer explanation. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

1- We need a credit card on file.

2- billing address

We will bring the diamond in. We will provide pictures, Sarin, and Idealscope images of the diamond.

1- If the diamond performs well you may purchase it.

2- If the diamond is not a good performer we will send it back to vendor with no cost to you.

3- If the diamond performs well and you decide not to purchase it you will be charged (snip) for overnight shipping and insurance back to the vendor.

Please let me know what you would like to do!

Kind Regards[/i] >>
Hi John! I went through all my emails and YES YOU ARE RIGHT there was the last part of the email that I didn''t read, I''m SOO SORRY!
3.gif

I read the email that day, read the beginning, but god knows what maybe I didn''t scroll down the page, I went straight to open the GIA cert file that she sent! I then proceeded to send her an email (I was still very blur therefore needed to clarify) saying something like (not sure the exact words) "Does that mean in order to view the IS and actual pics I would have to give the CC details and billing address etc". Which she patiently replied with a yes and even offered further re-assurance if I didn''t feel comfortable about giving the information etc.
OMG! Soo Sorry on my blur part! I promise I will make sure to scroll through all future emails with you guys! I must have been blinded by your diamonds! It just got me too excited!
9.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 6:17:15 PM

Hi John! I went through all my emails and YES YOU ARE RIGHT there was the last part of the email that I didn''t read, I''m SOO SORRY!
3.gif

I read the email that day, read the beginning, but god knows what maybe I didn''t scroll down the page, I went straight to open the GIA cert file that she sent! I then proceeded to send her an email (I was still very blur therefore needed to clarify) saying something like (not sure the exact words) ''Does that mean in order to view the IS and actual pics I would have to give the CC details and billing address etc''. Which she patiently replied with a yes and even offered further re-assurance if I didn''t feel comfortable about giving the information etc.
OMG! Soo Sorry on my blur part! I promise I will make sure to scroll through all future emails with you guys! I must have been blinded by your diamonds! It just got me too excited!
9.gif
LadyL, no apologies necessary - I''m glad we''re all good. We completely understand the concerns that come when we''re asking you for personal and CC info, so you had every right to inquire..."I must have been blinded by your diamonds" is tooo funny.
3.gif
Thank you for the follow-up here - it''s much appreciated.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results