shape
carat
color
clarity

Give my present now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I plan on giving my twin a beautiful H&A solitaire pendant as a thank-you for being my Maid of Honor. I have the diamond, and will pick out the setting soon. It''s so beautiful that I want to give it to her NOW, but the thing is, the wedding isn''t until Oct. 2004. Now I understand how guys can''t wait to throw the ice at their girlfriends once they have the ring in hand! I figure it''s so pretty and lovely, that she could wear it now during the planning year. But the other part of me says to wait until the wedding. So my three options are:
1. now (around Christmas)
2. birthday in March
3. wedding in Oct.

What do you all think?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I can understand your wanting to share such a beautiful gift right away.

That said, you bought it as a thank-you for being your Maid of Honor. It is intended to be given then - at the wedding event.

But, you may have a "bye" as she is expected to help with the planning as it goes. You can say thank-you early.

At the end of the day, it's up to you.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
option 2, which is about halfway between now and ur wedding. the shorter time could make it 'easier' for u to hang on to it and also give her a chance to wear and be 'wowed by it before ur wedding.

but as f&i said, at the end of the day, it's up to you
5.gif

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
I would give it to her now! Now! Now! Now! I don't think I could wait until Christmas, even, but then, I'm like that....

Kris

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Ewwwww! I got an idea!

Give her the loose diamond and an H&A viewer for Christmas. That way she can see the Hearts and Arrows and you don't have to rush to pick a set, etc, for the diamond. Let her enjoy playing with the loose diamond. It's fun! And, include a note that you 2 will go shopping together to pick the perfect setting as her Thank You for helping you with your wedding. Then you 2 get to spend a fun day shopping together and maybe grab lunch as well!
2.gif

This is a toughy!
eek.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I've got the best idea yet- keep it for myself! Hehehe. Just kidding, but now I'm tempted to "treat" myself before the wedding to something nice with hearts and arrows!

Seriously, maybe I should. I have an "electronics fund" savings account that I use to buy my electronic gadgets with- digital camera, photo printer, MP3 player, fiance's mini-disc player. Perhaps that fund should now become a "jewelry fund."

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like PQ's idea. It would be great if it were me, but some women might find it really mean to be given a diamond and not be able to wear it!
2.gif

If PQ's idea isn't feasible, I'd opt to wait until before the wedding--no matter how difficult it would be to wait. If you give it to her for her b-day or Xmas, won't be just be really giving her a b-day or Xmas present using the MOH present you bought her? Then, if you're anything like me, you might feel you have to get her something else close to the wedding!

Hodne

Rough_Rock
No doubt, go for option 3!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your twin married? If not then I'd wait until the wedding because then she'll feel special too AND it'll be so unexpected as you two are rushing around trying to get everything ready and in place for your ceremony.

Michelle

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I'm so so bad at waiting
It would be tough to do

But to give it for the wedding
Would mean more to her and you.

So as hard as it is to hold it back
Just wait and you will see

The night before your big event
How touched your sis will be!!!!

appl.gif
appl.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your answers. I most likely will wait to give it to her (she's not married) till the wedding, but now I need creative solutions to this problem: I really want her to be able to see the hearts on the diamond, which can't really be done once it's set, correct? I think the setting will be a 4 prong basket one. Do I just present her with the loose diamond as pqcollectibles suggested, and then go shopping for the setting together, or just set it first and be happy that she can at least see the arrows?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't wait..I can't wait..I am horrible about stuff like that. I'd want to give it right away. Or 2nd option, at her bday. I could NO WAY wait until Oct 2004 to give a present like that.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/3/2003 1:17:39 PM Mara wrote:

I wouldn't wait..I can't wait..I am horrible about stuff like that. I'd want to give it right away. Or 2nd option, at her bday. I could NO WAY wait until Oct 2004 to give a present like that.
1.gif

----------------

When I was younger, I coulda sat on it for an eternity waiting to give it. I used to be great about getting really, really neat gifts wwaayyy ahead of time and keeping it to myself. The older I get, the worse I am for dying inside while I wait.
9.gif

BTW, HeyJud,.... Beautiful poem!
love.gif
As always!
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results