shape
carat
color
clarity

girls...will you be expecting flowers from your BFs and/or FI on V-day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 3:51:29 AM
Author: choro72
Are you going to give flowers, DF? Or do you give flowers everyday?
10.gif
nope, she would have a heart attack if i did.
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
No way, they hike the price too high.

We have dinner plans and hotel reservations in the "City"

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
No flowers for me. We don''t really do anything. I got him a card, because I liked what it said.

The other day I picked out a Gerber daisy plant (my favorite flower) and some chocolates, I guess if we did gifts I would consider that it. :)

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. Not into flowers, and for the $$ you spend on it, they sure don''t last long!

I know he got me a present though, and I got him something too!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure this year. He used to get me flowers all the time. Then one year he got me a mini-rosebush that still grows outside. He may or may not give me a flower/flowers this year.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he will, but I''m not positive. V-day is the only time he really gets me flowers, but this year is tough because I''m out of work and he''s still trying to get his finances together after being laid off and taking a new job. So we''ll see. We do have plans to stay at a hotel for the night and have a nice dinner.

Cynd33

Rough_Rock

V-Day is falling on a Saturday in Australia this year. I am hoping that on Friday my FI will surprise me and send flowers to my work but it’s a very small glimmer of hope as FI doesn’t believe in V-day nor flowers for that matter.

Last year I went to meet him for lunch (as we both work within walking distance from each other in the city) and I was hoping for flowers but he showed up empty handed

39.gif
Then after that I went back to work as the green eyed monster staring at everyone else’s flowers that had been delivered on the day. By the time I finished work I was over it and convinced that I didn’t need flowers and that they die anyway (etc etc) and I went to meet FI at the bus stop to go home to find him holding a bouquet of a dozen long stem red roses....
30.gif

He finally said to me that he was too embarrassed to send them to my work as he preferred to give them to me in person cuz he thought it was a sweeter gesture...

Ah V-Day... I still don’t know if I am for or against it
9.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
FI used to send me flowers all the time back in college. My house mom in the sorority even commented on one bouquet that it was the biggest she had ever seen! Now FI isn''t too into that, so I told him flat out I expect flowers.
9.gif
I usually get him lots of candy and make him a bag of stuff with a small gift like an xbox game or something

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I am not expecting flowers, or much of anything. I told him to get me/do for me anything that he has said that he would over the last 5.5 yrs of our relationship that he HASN''T done yet.
9.gif

I can remember them well, but he is struggling.
12.gif

I''m looking forward to what he comes up with!
27.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
No. FI doesn''t bring me flowers on occasions--he just surprises me on any ol'' day, which is fun. We''ll go out to dinner on Valentine''s Day, and we''re off to Mexico in a couple weeks!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
sadly, no. My husband hates the forced nature of valentine''s day, which i understand, i don''t like it much either. But i wouldn''t mind him trying romantic from time to time though...siigh

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:36:11 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

10.gif
9.gif
So what might your wife "expect" on Valentine''s Day, DF? A cold shoulder?
3.gif

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
Yeah, expecting it AND getting it! We''ve been together 3 years now and he never missed it.

Although I''m more excited on the fact that Vday is a Saturday this year so we can spend the whole day together - flowers or no flowers!

eLaine

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 2:21:07 AM
Author: gwendolyn

10.gif
9.gif
So what might your wife ''expect'' on Valentine''s Day, DF? A cold shoulder?
3.gif
a V-day dinner.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:33:10 AM
Date: 2/11/2009 2:21:07 AM

Author: gwendolyn

10.gif
9.gif

So what might your wife ''expect'' on Valentine''s Day, DF? A cold shoulder?
3.gif
a V-day dinner.
Oooh, you cookin'' or going out?
31.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, I never expect flowers from him. It really isn''t necessary, it''s so much more exciting to get flowers when you aren''t expecting it!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:19:40 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 2/10/2009 2:52:56 AM

Author: LaraOnline

No.

However, he is (begrudgingly) letting me buy me the ring of my dreams... so I guess that counts!
4.gif

not to thread jack - is this the ring you have been talking about?? hooray :)

Hey there - just noticed this!!
35.gif
Hi Jcarly!!
YES!!! THIS IS IT!!! I went to visit a showroom on Saturday (Jogia, he''s a Perth local diamond merchant) and had a fabulous time. I stayed there for three hours *embarrassed grin* and was completely worn out by the time I left.
I wanted to post a ''look what I''m getting '' thread on RT, but couldn''t remember the stats... it''s a H&A F SI1 1.11, to be set in a Tiffany-style knife-edge, with plain gold wedding band to match ... I''m so excited!! I''ll be posting pics, don''t worry!

Sorry about the threadjack, DF!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I doubt I''ll get flowers, but then I get them every couple of weeks or so anyway which I much prefer as it''s always a suprise.

We don''t celebrate V-day, but we do celebrate that it''s our x years + 6 months. We had our engagement party on V-day two years ago for that reason.

I bought really nice steaks and asparagus this afternoon, as well as a sticky toffee pudding and a pot of Cornish clotted cream, so I''ll be cooking dinner on Saturday.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
nope not expecting flowers for v-day, he buys me flowers regularly for no reason at all which is what I prefer to the day he''s "supposed" to

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but I am psyched I think I know what I''m going to get
36.gif
I gave him a hint how much I love a certain local handmade chocolates. We celebrated V day early by having a date last weekend. He brought up the other day if I wanted anything for Valentine''s day and told him not to get me anything, and he said, not even (blank) chocolates? And I said well I wouldn''t turn those down. I am just going to write him a sweet note/poem and well something else too but that''s for mature audiences.

tarepanda

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:29:22 PM
Author: purselover
nope not expecting flowers for v-day, he buys me flowers regularly for no reason at all which is what I prefer to the day he''s ''supposed'' to

Same here! And, in my new(ish) office, there are a ton of men around and very few women, so no one sees any flowers around here. On the few occasions that SO has sent flowers, only my assistant has ever noticed (besides me, of course!).
1.gif

I told bf not to get me flowers. He looks at me and is like, "What if I already got you flowers..."
4.gif

I felt like an ass I explained that flowers are fine, but I wouldn''t be mad if I DIDN''T get flowers.

Last year I had the best flowers ever :) A regular bunch then the prettiest lone orchid in a vase with a teddy bear on it.. SO CUTE. Made everyone jealous ;-)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
LOL FI just called me and said "Happy Valentine''s baby!" I told him it was tomorrow and he played it off like he was just kidding. My boy has a real problem with dates.
20.gif

He also asked, "whatcha getting me?" Now I have to stop somewhere and get him something?! We''re not a celebrate-valentine''s-day kind of couple, usually...

LOL .. He was the one that mixed the birthday DAY up right? Poor guy.. Maybe get a calander for him and circle the important days in BIG RED MARKER
20.gif
31.gif
5.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to share the chocolates I got. They are so beautiful I almost didn''t want to eat them.

valentinechoc.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely choccies PG!!!! * drool...*
3.gif

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
That chocolate Buddah is so cute!

I got flowers this past Wednesday, since it was our anniversary.

My friends FI gave her Friday the 13th roses out of protest.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t expecting flowers because we don''t really celebrate V-day... But I got them! A beautiful arrangement with lillies, roses, gerber daisies, and a bunch more that I don''t know the names of. My hubby is so sweet!!!
9.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
My BF always gets me flowers... I told him we didn''t need to celebrate but he did anyways! I will take a picture... a dozen long stem roses..

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
and he got me a cute, loving card/ I like those the best because he writes a little blurb inside which means the most to me!
30.gif

IMG_5936.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results