shape
carat
color
clarity

Girls.. I don''t think I can be list keeper anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the honor and the privilege of being your listkeeper. I had so much fun! But now, I realize that another lady will have to step up and take my place. I willingly pass on the torch in hopes that they enjoy it as much as I did! As much as I loved it, I just can't be listkeeper anymore.

You see...

As of (about) 5:00 today I'M ENGAGED!!!!!
(haha! did I trick you?!
3.gif
)

I can't even believe I'm saying that! My fiance (ahh!!!
9.gif
) planned the most perfect proposal that completely fits us! And it's so nice to finally have my dream ring on my ring finger! I bawled like a baby!
4.gif

I'm extremely tired and I have to wake up early so I'll have to post the story tomorrow (along with more pics)... but to hold you over, here's a teaser! ignore the mutant looking fingers.. it was really hot and my hands were swollen lol
25.gif
. Is it my job to start a "who wants to be LK" thread? If so, I'll do that tomorrow as well.

Btw, let me mention that I doubt I'll be leaving LIW... it's like my second home lol. I'll probably stick around a little if that's ok with all of you. Plus, we won't be getting married for at least a year and a half. But I can't wait to meet the ladies on BWW!

Thanks for all of the dust girls, it really paid off!
9.gif
And I'm so freakin' happy!!
26.gif

List keeper Jaylex Signing off on Sept 12th, 2009 at #17! (Wow! I just realized that I asked to join on Sept 13th last year at #122!)

jaylexering.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!! Can''t wait for you to come back with more pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!

Congrats, jaylex!!!

I go SO EXCITED when I saw your thread title...I *totally* knew what you were gonna say!!! And your ring is GORG!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

iluvbooks

Rough_Rock
Yippie! I am so happy for you!
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS! Lovely ring!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! So happy for you!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Nice fake-out
1.gif
CONGRATS!!!!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!! Congrats Jaylex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so beautiful on your hand!!! Absolutely adore the rose gold!!!! And the diamond is beautiful!!! So icy white!!

Three cheers for you!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats, Jaylex!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s gorgeous on your finger!! Can''t wait to hear about the proposal and see more pics! See you at, BWW!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
yay!!! congrats!!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Jaylex!!! You were a great listkeeper!!!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful
30.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jaylex!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yay, that''s great! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
/misc.inexistent.org/sparkle/sparkles/glitter15.gif);color:inherit; padding:5px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 70px;">WOO-HOO!Congrats,jaylex!

I can''t wait to hear the story, and see more pics! Your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! :D I can''t wait to hear your story!! :D :D :D

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, girls! I'm so over the moon right now it's crazy!
But I have a little bit of time so I figured i'd take time to document the proposal. Sorry it's so long!

Ok. So as some of you know, I had the feeling that the proposal would have been last Thursday at the Aerosmith concert we would be going to. Our first date was to an Aero concert in 2005 and I had a few hints that it might be that day.. Until Steven Tyler fell off the stage somewhere a couple of weeks ago. He was injured and so the tour was canceled.
39.gif

When I was talking to Jason about how upset it made me he said something to the effect of “well, why don’t I plan a special date for us that Saturday instead.. Maybe to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?”. I said that that would be great! So at this point I was pretty sure I would be getting a proposal… I got my nails done and let him pick out exactly what he wanted me to wear. I wanted to dress up a little but he wanted me to be “comfortable”. So we went to the mall and he picked something out for me and let me do the same for him. Corny, huh? Lol.

Saturday came and I was a crazed wreck. I was pretty sure it was going to happen, but he made me think it may not. I didn’t see a box planted on him anywhere and he played it pretty kool so I was kinda oblivious to the whole thing. I think I psyched myself out into thinking he wouldn’t do it! Lol

Anyway, so we get to the R&RHoF and we toured all of the exhibits for about 4 hours. It was so much fun! We had been there before a few years ago but a lot had changed so there was tons to see! After the rock hall, he asked if I wanted to take a walk to Voinavich Park (right down the street) and I said “of course”!. There was a lot of wind coming off of lake erie that was aimed directly at us so I was too busy wiping my eyes to notice that fiance was barely breathing lol.

We sat down and watched about 4 different wedding parties as they took pictures.. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and even the wind died down so we watched boats and airplanes from the air show that were still hanging around. It was so nice and relaxing. The park has a grassy area that’s separated by a big “stair like” wall from the dock area. Fiance asked me if we should go up to the grass area to allow the bridal parties to take pictures where we were sitting. So we moved and sat on the grass. We just kinda looked at the scenery again (where we were sitting we could now see most of Clevelands Skyline which has never looked more beautiful to me!). I took some pictures and we just talked about how much we love each other and how amazing the last 4 years have been. Even at this point, I had pretty much decided that it wasn’t going to happen and I was fine with that. Then it got quiet and fiance said “I have a letter I wrote to you but I’m not sure I want to let you read it” (teasingly). I told him that he should read it to me and he said “I don’t think I can get through it without crying.”

Now, FF is not a "crying" guy. He is not afraid to share his emotions with me (one of my absolute most favorite things about him) but it takes a lot to make him cry so I KNEW that this was it! So he takes out this letter. It’s typed, a page long and highlighted. As he read it to me, I started crying pretty much immediately. He mentioned our struggles and our amazing times we have shared together.. Our family “troubles” and how much I have helped him be a “better man” and so many other wonderful things! Now in the course of reading this, we were interrupted like 5 times.. The first time was by a screaming lady chasing seagulls (ha ha!) so we moved to a different spot in the park. The next few times were by tourists walking by and snapping pictures but everything was fine. I joked with him that since everyone is always interrupting us anyway, it was a perfect metaphor for us
20.gif
! Lol.

So anyway, he gets to the end of the letter and I gave him a big kiss and told him it was the most beautiful letter he has ever written to me. At this point, I wasn’t sure whether he was proposing or not b/c the letter didn’t come out and say it but I really didn’t care. The letter was so amazing that I could have waited 4 more years for the proposal (well, maybe not that long lol). But then he grabbed my hand and turned to me and said “I’m going to have to take back my promise now”.. I was so confused until I realized he meant my promise ring! I started bawling again and gave it to him… then he said “but you can have a new one now…” and took out a silk bag with two hearts on it and took the ring out… then he looked me in the eyes and said “will you marry me” and I said “Of course, baby!” lol. We just hugged each other and cried. It was the best moment of my life. We took a couple of pics and walked back towards the rock hall. Then he took me to this great restaurant that one of his customers owns. Then we went to our houses to tell our mothers which was an interesting experience..
Today we get to tell our dads. he he. You guys know before they do! I'm def a PS nut!

So. I didn’t see a ring box b/c he had put it in a bag (smarty pants) and he told me he wrote me a letter because I had told him at one point that when he did propose, I would probably be so emotional that I would forget pretty much everything he would say… so he wrote the letter so I can always remember the exact words he used. Gosh, I love him so much!
30.gif

He even gave the one subtle hint that I should go get my nails done the other day when I broke one. If he suggested that any other day, I def would have suspected something more. After the proposal, he asked if I minded that he didn’t get down on one knee.. He forgot lol. I told him that I was completely happy with that because we do everything side by side in our relationship, and our proposal showed that.
I’m just so ecstatic!
I can’t even believe how wonderful my fiance is!

Sorry for the long story girls.. But to those of you who read it, thank you for being so patient! I’ll try to take more pics today.. The weather is pretty crummy right now (even tho yesterday was BEAUTIFUL) and I want to take all of the necessary diamond pics outside so you can see how sparkly it is!

Here’s a pic of what we were looking at when he proposed. This is taken from area one (where we were before the crazy seagull lady came) and you can see the spot where we were sitting when he popped the question. If you look really closely center-right of the picture, you can kinda make out a gray wall. That’s where we were! lol

Ooh! And 12 is def our luck number. Yesterday was sept 12, our ring was finished on June 12th, he gave me my promise ring on March 12 in 2007, We started dating on 12-12-05! I think we def need to get married on a "12" lol.
28.gif

jaylexskyline.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 12:48:26 AM
Author: LFVDoll
OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!! Congrats Jaylex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so beautiful on your hand!!! Absolutely adore the rose gold!!!! And the diamond is beautiful!!! So icy white!!

Three cheers for you!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you, Thank you! It''s not bad for an "I", huh?!
28.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw Jaylex that made me teary!!!
congrats that was such an awesome and sweet proposal!!!!!!!!
yay!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! And what a wonderful story!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a very sweet proposal story! Congratulations to you both!
Your ring is lovely!!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 9:32:29 AM
Author: ckrickett
aw Jaylex that made me teary!!!

congrats that was such an awesome and sweet proposal!!!!!!!!

yay!!

Ditto! And who knew Cleveland could be so pretty?!?! Congrats again, jaylex!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Awesome proposal and beautiful ring :) I''m so happy for you!

jessa

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!

That was a BEAUTIFUL story!!! Sounds like a perfect proposal!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results