shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My appraisal on the marquise ring I wrote about states the middle stone 0.16 carats has a slightly thin girdle and the other stones it states girdle of average width. It states in the appraisal that the stone has been graded under GIA ruling and the grader is a member of cibjo.

I have never seen slightly thin used before only, Medium, thin, very thin, extremely thin. Is this a correct terminology. I suppose the average width must mean medium the other stones are 0.11 carat?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would think that slightly thin is a correct terminology, just as sligthly thick is often used as well.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara. I forgot that I have seen Slightly Thick written on GIA certificates on GoodoldGold site.

I am still intending to buy a diamond from GoodoldGold when I get the money saved up for it but it will not be for a few years.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
"Slightly thin" is not a GIA term according to my reference manual. If you're seeing that on a GIA cert, something may be fishy.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, Lawgem. These are the descriptions the valuer wrote on an appraisal report I got. 'Slightly Thin' and for other stones 'girdles are of average thickness'. The stones are 0.16 and 0.11 respectively.

Within the appraisal report which is in a small book form it states the grading has been done using GIA grading standards and the appraiser is a member of cibjo. I am in the United Kingdom. The stones do not have any certificate as they are so tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results