shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle: Extremely Thin to Slightly Thick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schwimbo

Rough_Rock
I am looking at buying a Princess Cut diamond with the following characteristics: clarity: vvs2, color: D, Table:68.5, Depth: 77 and Girdle Extremly Thin to Slightly Thick. I am comfortable with all the dimensions but the girdle. Everything I read says to avoid the extremes, but I am unsure if it is in a range if it is ok. Please help.

larry

Rough_Rock
You might want to stay away from an Extremely Thin girdle unless it is going to be put in a piece of jewelry that will protect it from chipping. An Extremely Thin girdle is subject to fracture at the gem/metal interface in jewelry setting and in active wear when the diamond is subjected to impact. Also with having such a wide variation on the girdle it is most likely you are going to lose some spread due to carat weight being carried in the girdle.

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the guy with the pink hair.

If you are looking for a diamond for a solitaire ring, I would stay away from diamonds with an extremely thin girdle (because it may chip) or extremely thick girdle (because you are wasting money).

If its for a pendant or an earring, it's not a problem.

If it's for a ring and you have your heart set on this diamond, find out where along the girdle it gets extremely thin and make sure you have it mounted in a way that you can minimize the risk.

larry

Rough_Rock
If you like the pink hair you should see my leather pants
:Up_to_something:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results