shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle and Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nzwarner

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m looking to buy a princess cut for my fiance to be, and I''m wondering how important girdle really is. Also, any opinions on Blue Nile''s prices?

Thanks for your help,

Noah

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The girdle is important mainly in that too thick and it's hiding weight that you pay for but don't see, and too thin and it might be easily chipped. Girdles vary, even within the same stone, so if you have concerns have a pro look at it.

As for Blue Nile, I consider them the 800 lb gorilla of the online market. I did and would buy again from a vendor who contributes to this board rather than such a bohemoth (sp?).

Princesses vary in their "look". It's best if you can look at a number of them side by side. Maybe you can pick an online vendor that can take a send lots of high quality pics to help you decide.

Good luck!

R/A

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
One nice thing about Bluenile is the 30 day exchange policy. Should you have any change of heart, you have a nice window to get your money back. Some of the other companies you see have anywhere from 7-14 days which is a bit cramped in terms of timetable. Whatever online vendor you purchase from, MAKE SURE you get the stone independently appraised by an appraiser to verify the quality of the stone you've purchased. You'll also need an appraisal for insurance purposes.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and the bluenile signature line has laser inscription on their signature line which is a nice bonus
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
R/A "asks":

"bohemoth (sp?)"

It's "behemoth", R/A. And for the edification of those who don't know our history, I am only helping you because I cannot forget the time you corrected my spelling with glee, saying you had gotten to it before I could correct it myself :).

Your Friend,
Deb

saint.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I have had success with Blue Nile, finding a very nice stone (HCA .7)for a reasonable price. I have not figured out their pricing, though, as there were lesser stones for greater cost. Use the tools available through this site if you want to browse there, but compare, compare, compare. Down side - they will not ship two diamonds at once (even if you pay for them!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results