shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts for groomsmen - need advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
So my FI has still not decided on what to get his guys as a gift. We have four total, two best men (he couldn''t choose) and two regular groomsmen (my brothers). Here is the deal:

Best men: are both broke, and (I think) unemployed at the moment, living with parents. They don''t really ever dress up, so cuff links are out of the question. I don''t think they would ever use a flask, as they usually drink beer. We are thinking engraved beer mugs, since those may actually get used. But I don''t know if they would be used again after the wedding. I am trying to figure out something practical that they can use again, especially since they are broke. FI is thinking golf clubs and golf bags, but that is WAY more money than I want to spend, especially as there are two of them.

Groomsmen: So one of my brothers is 17 and the other is 22 and in college. My parents basically still pay all of their expenses, so there isn''t anything they really need. And they already have nice golf clubs (thank god
20.gif
). I have no idea whatsoever what I can get them. My only thought is maybe some pro football memorabilia, since they both have a team they are really into.

Also I am currently only planning on spending under 50 bucks for my girls. (Maybe a little more on my MOH, so I am okay with spending more on the Best Men). And I may pay for hair and makeup, still deciding.

Help! I need some advice on this one.

Thanks!
Courtney

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:21:39 PM
Author:courtney5638
So my FI has still not decided on what to get his guys as a gift. We have four total, two best men (he couldn''t choose) and two regular groomsmen (my brothers). Here is the deal:

Best men: are both broke, and (I think) unemployed at the moment, living with parents. They don''t really ever dress up, so cuff links are out of the question. I don''t think they would ever use a flask, as they usually drink beer. We are thinking engraved beer mugs, since those may actually get used. But I don''t know if they would be used again after the wedding. I am trying to figure out something practical that they can use again, especially since they are broke. FI is thinking golf clubs and golf bags, but that is WAY more money than I want to spend, especially as there are two of them.

Groomsmen: So one of my brothers is 17 and the other is 22 and in college. My parents basically still pay all of their expenses, so there isn''t anything they really need. And they already have nice golf clubs (thank god
20.gif
). I have no idea whatsoever what I can get them. My only thought is maybe some pro football memorabilia, since they both have a team they are really into.

Also I am currently only planning on spending under 50 bucks for my girls. (Maybe a little more on my MOH, so I am okay with spending more on the Best Men). And I may pay for hair and makeup, still deciding.

Help! I need some advice on this one.

Thanks!
Courtney
Hi Courtney,

First, a couple things:
- I wouldn''t feel like you have to "match" your fiance in the price of your gift, since, like you said, you are going to pay for hair and make up and I don''t think all the wedding party is going to sit there comparing the price of their gifts, lol.

- Second, why are you paying for the best men/groomsmen gifts? Isn''t that more his responsibility?

Aside from that, I would say try going to Circuit City ASAP. My fiance scored some sweet Sony cameras for about $150 each, though they had some as cheap as $100. They usually don''t go on sale, but since the place is going out of business, EVERYTHING is on sale,
9.gif
. If that is still out of your price range, what about getting the guys other electronics or perhaps an IPOD suffle? You can get it under $50 and it would be very useful.

As for your girls, I would get whatever you think they would like, and not worry to much with matching his gift $. I don''t have the cash flow to spend $150 each on my girls on just presents, since I will probably get them manicures and hair do''s for the wedding. So, I will probably spend more in the neighborhood of $75 or so. I am going to check the Coach outlet for anything good or other fun outlets to see if I can score a deal.

Happy hunting for gifts!

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
- I wouldn''t feel like you have to ''match'' your fiance in the price of your gift, since, like you said, you are going to pay for hair and make up and I don''t think all the wedding party is going to sit there comparing the price of their gifts, lol.

- Second, why are you paying for the best men/groomsmen gifts? Isn''t that more his responsibility?

Aside from that, I would say try going to Circuit City ASAP. My fiance scored some sweet Sony cameras for about $150 each, though they had some as cheap as $100. They usually don''t go on sale, but since the place is going out of business, EVERYTHING is on sale,
9.gif
. If that is still out of your price range, what about getting the guys other electronics or perhaps an IPOD suffle? You can get it under $50 and it would be very useful.
dcgator - I don''t really think that they will compare the price of their gifts, I guess I just don''t want it to appear like one had preference over the other (which it shouldn''t, because I am trying to put a lot of thought into everything). Also, I am not paying for the gifts for the guys, I guess I just phrased it that way. oops! I really like your suggestion of going to Circuit City. I am going to pass that on to FI and see what he thinks. thanks for the advice!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
They dont all have to be the same gift.
My DH got each of the groomsmen something unique. For 2 of them he got bottles of expensive scotch, each guy''s favorite another whiskey... and 2 others he got baseball tickets for the guy and his sig other to go to a game in some awesome seats (they like baseball)

He made it unique to each person, and they really liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results