shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts for 1-Year Olds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so don''t laugh, but...I know NOTHING about children...

I need to help my DH buy gifts for the 1st birthday of our friends'' 1-year-old twin girls tomorrow, and I haven''t a clue what would be good to get. My DH feels bad we didn''t get something when they were born (long story), so we want to get them something nice for their 1st birthday which is coming up.

It has to be something that can be shipped pretty easily (or ordered online). I don''t have a specific budget in mind, but probably don''t want to spend a ton, although I''d really like to get them something really nice.

Any ideas??

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Did you see the AWESOME DEALS ON BEVERLY K thread in hangout? I checked out the site, and fell in love with these cute necklaces (scroll down the page to see the kiddie ones):
http://www.jrakeliquidationsale.com/daring-and-darling-diamonds.html

my good friend''s baby turns one in April, and I''m thinking that this will be her gift!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am pretty sure there have been threads about this before...how much do you want to spend? T's favorite b-day gifts were parent's bee bop band (Target), v-tec play phone, pushing popper thing, laugh 'n learn piggy bank and first purse (Target) and blocks. Include a gift receipt. If you want to spend more (or get one gift for the twins) get the laugh and learn house. Kids LOVE it. You can find it anywhere (Target, Babies R Us, Toys R Us...)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, I''d say just go to Amazon and do a search. You can search by age, gender, etc.. and you will get a ton of ideas. I pretty much always do this when I''m searching for all kids b/c new toys come out and I want to get a feel for what''s out there.
There''s also a website: findgift.com which could be helpful. Not sure if they have suggestions for that age but you never know.

Books are also a great idea. There''s some great kids books out there and one of my favorites is: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I have a one year old and agree with all of Tacori''s ideas, many of them are DD''s favorites. I also agree with books. They don''t grow out of books! Good luck!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 8:21:22 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Did you see the AWESOME DEALS ON BEVERLY K thread in hangout? I checked out the site, and fell in love with these cute necklaces (scroll down the page to see the kiddie ones):

http://www.jrakeliquidationsale.com/daring-and-darling-diamonds.html

my good friend''s baby turns one in April, and I''m thinking that this will be her gift!

Good idea Charger - they had some awesome deals. I''m a little worried I don''t know mom''s taste in jewelry though, and I''d hate to get something she didn''t like (or that the girls wouldn''t like!)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 8:26:03 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I am pretty sure there have been threads about this before...how much do you want to spend? T''s favorite b-day gifts were parent''s bee bop band (Target), v-tec play phone, pushing popper thing, laugh ''n learn piggy bank and first purse (Target) and blocks. Include a gift receipt. If you want to spend more (or get one gift for the twins) get the laugh and learn house. Kids LOVE it. You can find it anywhere (Target, Babies R Us, Toys R Us...)

Those are awesome suggestions Tacori - thanks. Sadly, I''ve not heard of a single one (I told you I know nothing about children!), but I''m going to see if I can get DH to go to Target tomorrow and see if we can find some of your suggestions - great call on the gift receipt as well, I will be sure we get one.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 8:49:19 PM
Author: dixie94
Amber, I''d say just go to Amazon and do a search. You can search by age, gender, etc.. and you will get a ton of ideas. I pretty much always do this when I''m searching for all kids b/c new toys come out and I want to get a feel for what''s out there.

There''s also a website: findgift.com which could be helpful. Not sure if they have suggestions for that age but you never know.

Books are also a great idea. There''s some great kids books out there and one of my favorites is: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.

Another great idea Dixie - I LOVED being read to when I was a kid. I might see if I can find some of my favorite kids books (if I can remember them
20.gif
).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 8:59:01 PM
Author: Burk
I have a one year old and agree with all of Tacori''s ideas, many of them are DD''s favorites. I also agree with books. They don''t grow out of books! Good luck!

Thanks Burk - those are our front runners right now, I really appreciate you guys with your expertise chiming in
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 9:00:55 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
You could get them each an elephant or duck or rabbit bank from Tiffany & Co (only $80.00 a piece) a different one for each girl and a cute little stuffed animal to go with it....all told, about $100.00 per daughter...very reasonable if you wanted to do something extra nice and meaningful.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=19328376&mcat=148207&cid=288202&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288202-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

OMG those are SO CUTE. I will see what I can talk DH into budget-wise...but those are so adorable - I might even need one for myself...OK, maybe that would be just a tiny bit silly
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think books are tricker b/c it is hard to know what the kids already have. T has a ton including MY old childhood books. I know my mom likes to do a book and then a stuff animal/doll of the main character. Also I wish I had gotten some toddler hooded towels. Lands End has cute ones. You could get their name put on it. Also she has been getting into hand puppets lately. Target has a good toy selection and they have ages on the aisles. I think you could go up to 2 for a 1 year old (unless the mom is nervous). Many of her toys are for over 1 but as long as they don''t have any small parts they are find.

OH I JUST THOUGHT OF THE PERFECT GIFT! They make twin baby doll strollers that link together at Target. T only has the single but LOVES it. Then you could get them a cabbage patch kid or a cute doll. That would be darling.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really good point about the books - probably too risky, unfortunately...I love the customized hooded towel idea! That would be SUPER cute. The baby doll strollers sound adorable too - I think we''ll go to Target tomorrow and see what we find, and if we don''t find anything, I''ll look into the embroidered hooded towels from Lands End
1.gif

Thank you SO MUCH!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:05:30 AM
Author: Miranda
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/gift/thm/thmocc/thmoccbip/index.cfm?cm_type=lnav

Pottery Barn Kids always has cute gifts. I linked the girl birthday gift section above, but, they have a lot of fun bathtowels, too. I''m partial to the cat bath wrap
9.gif
, but, they no longer carry it.
15.gif
They have a darling Dr. Seuss line right now. http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/ba315/index.cfm?pkey=cbath-wraps|k

OMG "cat bath wrap" sounds impossibly cute
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so after discussing with DH, we ended up getting these in the pink butterfly pattern and the yellow pineapple flower pattern.

And we got them embroidered with their names in coordinating thread colors - pink on the yellow one and yellow on the pink one. I think they will be super cute, and hopefully mom and dad will like them too
1.gif

Only bummer is they aren't returnable, but hopefully useful enough to not need to be.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really cute! I''m sure they will love them! Great choice.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute Amber! They are the perfect size. You bought "toddler" right? It is so much nicer than using a regular towel b/c she can run around in it. Plus even if they already have one it is always nice to have a back-up or two!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Super cute and so useful!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:59:55 PM
Author: dixie94
Those are really cute! I''m sure they will love them! Great choice.

Thanks dixie! I really hope they do
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 8:52:49 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Cute Amber! They are the perfect size. You bought ''toddler'' right? It is so much nicer than using a regular towel b/c she can run around in it. Plus even if they already have one it is always nice to have a back-up or two!

Yup - we got the toddler. I''m so glad you think we did well - like I said, I know nothing, so the input is super helpful
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:01:16 PM
Author: Burk
Super cute and so useful!

Yay!!
36.gif
36.gif
You guys are awesome - I feel so much better about the whole thing now
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results