shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift Wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hehe... A little! I think I''ll stick to my tape and ribbons!
28.gif
5.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrapped a couple of books last night and for *one brief moment in time* I was tempted to try Galateia''s method but I only had enough paper upstairs for the books and if I screwed up I would have to go back down into the VERY cold garage and dig around to get more. Warmth won out over creativity!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i love wrapping gifts too! i always go crazy at after christmas sales buying small ornaments, pretty ribbons, and knick knacks to spice up my wrapping for next year.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it occurred to me as I was trying to whip up the wrapping for my FF''s christmas gift, while he puttered on his computer 2 feet away
11.gif
, I should maybe take a picture of my ''tapeless wrapping'' example.

Granted, this was done VERY sloppily and hurriedly, as I was trying not to get ''caught''. If he''d looked down, I would have been doomed!
32.gif

So it''s not a good example, but it at least gives the gist of what can be done. It''s kinda the obi style I was talking about, although I did the pleats so they would narrow in a V shape, and tied the paper belt more or less exactly as a belt, so y''all can see what it looks like.

You can sort of see the pleats in the ''belt'' in the first image, and see the pleats in the V shape in the second; they make a nice zig-zag pattern.

Hopefully that works.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- that''s amazing! And I''m so glad you posted those pics because now I can see what you mean. (Of course whether I could actuall DO that is a whole ''nother matter, LOL... )

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing wrapping! And they say women are not good at spatial relationships
36.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Awww. *blush*

It really was thrown together, there are all sorts of unevenness in places, but I''m glad it helped give a sense of what my rambling instructions were getting at.
2.gif

I suppose it does require a certain about of spatial thinking, since you have to ''think ahead'' and determine what results your actions will produce and whether or not they will get you where you are trying to go.

The best thing is just to sit down with some cheap paper (even newspaper) and just practice out some ''styles'' you might want to try. Play around, and get comfortable with the pleating and tucking. Find out what works and doesn''t, and if you paper becomes torn or crinkled or creased, who cares?
9.gif
Then, it won''t be so daunting to improvise with a real gift.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results