shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA with AGS numbers??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a stone in online vendors. I''ve found a stone which i am interested in and it has a copy of GIA cert, but as well as a small note or whatever on the GIA cert with all the numbers from AGS, and the stone is graded as H&A by AGS. But the original cert is GIA. My question is, why does a GIA cert. has AGS numbers as well ???
rolleyes.gif

I want to attach the copy of cert, but I don''t know how to do it
8.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I suppose the diamond has been graded by both labs. Maybe one lab graded it higher or better than the other in color or clarity. Maybe it did not get an AGS 000 grade so they gave it to GIA.

There are a number of possible reasons. I would look into it further, if I were you, to discover "why?", but it may prove that it was just accidental, too.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
sweatgem:

To attach the certificate click on reply which will take you to the typing screen. At the top left click on "attach file" and follow the prompts. After you have attached the file you can type a note.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

cherry

Rough_Rock
i have problem to post photo as well...

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
I guess you could try and see if it works.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

cherry

Rough_Rock
any special format?

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
so here is the GIA certificate and with AGS 'Heart & Arrow' report as well....what do you think?
I am wondering why the numbers for both GIA and AGS are slightly different
confused.gif

GIA AGS
1.01 1.016
6.49-6.54x3.93mm 6.53-.6.56x3.92
Depth 60.3 60.1
Table 55.8 56

with the AGS numbers, this stone is a very nice stone with HCA 0.5, but I don't know why the numbers from GIA and AGS are different?
Any opinion?

Thanks a lot

cert12.jpg

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
I just asked the vendor about the numbers, and he said it's not the data from AGS lab, but data from Sarin machine instead.
Other than that, the Sarin data is prefect, got HCA 0.5
do you think I should go for it?
naughty.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Sweatgem
What has happened here is the dealer used his Sarin to print a label and attached the label to the GIA cert or perhaps a copy of the cert. This is a practice that is often used by dealers if the Sarin suggests AGS 0. It’s a good thing not something to be suspicious of. A second opinion from an Independent appraiser is always good idea however

Johan
Melbourne diamond Exchange Ltd

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
GIA/AGS vs Sarin is often different. You've got different machines, the results are bound to not be a little different. I would only look for very huge differences (e.g. table is off by 4%) before raising a red flag.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results