shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA vs DPL results

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
For everyone who was curious. I got my results back from GIA. My stone was certified by DPL. DPL is very reputable in Germany but is not known in the U.S. DPL graded it p-r VS2. GIA came back as O-P VS2

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kewl. thank you for sharing.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Virtually the same grade- cool.
The specifics of grading color in this range is incredibly difficult, so the results are impressive.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind to post the DPL cert? I've not seen one and am just curious what they look like, etc.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well based on the overlap, I suppose it’s a P

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well based on the overlap, I suppose it’s a P
That's the most defensible answer. It lands in the perceived range for P by majority opinion at two grading labs.

The specifics of grading color in this range is incredibly difficult, so the results are impressive.
Right.

Imagine this scenario. You're a weather-expert, placed in a cold room, asked to name its temperature. You and your peers can agree on whether it's near-freezing, definitely-frozen or OMG-brrrr-cold!! But you may write one number, someone sitting next to you could write one close to it, and a third person could write yet another. In this scenario there isn't a perfectly repeatable thermometer for temps below 32F. So the majority opinion among weather-experts will be the temperature that gets printed on the report.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results