shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA vs Apprasial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
I am just wondering, how many of you have had the Apprasial size of the diamond differ from the GIA certification?

This is the Problem I am having;

GIA Certificate:

Measurements: 5.31 x 5.22 x 3.84
Carat Weight: 0.91
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Apprasial:

Measurements: 5.36 x 5.26 x 3.81
Carat Weight: 0.91
Color: H
Cut: Good

Seeing as how I only paid $3300 for the diamond I am not worried about the fault in Measurements, but will this be a problem when trying to insure it?

(And now I find out I have a dead Pixel on my camera phone
8.gif
)

Aset all4.JPG

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Talk to your appraiser about it. Did you show them the GIA report when they did their work? If so, do they agree that it’s the correct stone? Did they mention the presence of the GIA report in their appraisal?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Interesting photos!

But seriously, the measurements when mounted are close to loose. The widest and narrowest diameters
could be where the prongs are or it could be calibration of the gauge. Not to worry.
I would use the GIA report information when insuring your ring. The diamond was graded loose
and the accuracy will be superior to a diamond appraisal when the diamond is mounted.

Congratulations!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
I did leave a copy of the GIA report with Jared, where I bought the setting and left it there for when the appraiser came. I assumed they gave her the report, but seeing as how I couldn''t be there I am not 100% sure. But seeing as how the Aset pictures I posted look so good, and the fire/brilliance are terrific, I am very pleased with this purchase, regardless of the small discrepancy. The manager had a hard time trying to find the inclusion in the diamond at a 30x scope which made it a VVS2 as well.

Was just wondering though, how does the Aset pictures I posted compare to a standard Excellent/Excellent diamond? I haven''t really looked at any other diamonds with the Aset scope I used.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 11:39:26 PM
Author: JasonFaber
I did leave a copy of the GIA report with Jared, where I bought the setting and left it there for when the appraiser came. I assumed they gave her the report, but seeing as how I couldn't be there I am not 100% sure. But seeing as how the Aset pictures I posted look so good, and the fire/brilliance are terrific, I am very pleased with this purchase, regardless of the small discrepancy. The manager had a hard time trying to find the inclusion in the diamond at a 30x scope which made it a VVS2 as well.

Was just wondering though, how does the Aset pictures I posted compare to a standard Excellent/Excellent diamond? I haven't really looked at any other diamonds with the Aset scope I used.
This page has some nice examples you can use to compare ASET results

http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_reference_chart_ASET.asp

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/13/2009 11:39:26 PM
Author: JasonFaber
I did leave a copy of the GIA report with Jared, where I bought the setting and left it there for when the appraiser came. I assumed they gave her the report, but seeing as how I couldn't be there I am not 100% sure. But seeing as how the Aset pictures I posted look so good, and the fire/brilliance are terrific, I am very pleased with this purchase, regardless of the small discrepancy. The manager had a hard time trying to find the inclusion in the diamond at a 30x scope which made it a VVS2 as well.

Was just wondering though, how does the Aset pictures I posted compare to a standard Excellent/Excellent diamond? I haven't really looked at any other diamonds with the Aset scope I used.
The appraiser's contact information is probably on the report. If it's not there, call the store and ask for it. Call her up.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results