shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA triple ex 3 - HELP!

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
Ok so I purchased a triple ex GIA diamond cert number 5296938240 online - it came and I liked it however felt it could be more sparkly.. (It did sparkle). After looking online this could be do with the crown and pavilion angles? (34.5 and 41.4 which is steep?) the lady as the online store assured me that changing this would not visibly affecting anything (more fire, scintillation etc? However it only scored 4.8 on the HCA tool light return good, fire fair, scintillation fair, spread very good. (I know this shouldn't be used to choose a diamond).

I've since found a new diamond that has good proportions I think? GIA cert - 2203000278 (34.5 crown and 40.6 pavilion), the pic looks like heart and arrows? Although this one has a very small culet as opposed to none and the girdle is medium to slightly thick 4.0% the first one is no culet and thin to slight thick 3.5%. Thank you for your help! :) Below is a pic, it's SI1 clarity only feathers listed are these likely to be eye clean as they are clear?

It scored 0.7 on the HCA tool

Thank-you.View media item 122718View media item 122719

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I purchased a triple ex GIA diamond cert number 5296938240 online - it came and I liked it however felt it could be more sparkly.. (It did sparkle). After looking online this could be do with the crown and pavilion angles? (34.5 and 41.4 which is steep?) the lady as the online store assured me that changing this would not visibly affecting anything (more fire, scintillation etc? However it only scored 4.8 on the HCA tool light return good, fire fair, scintillation fair, spread very good. (I know this shouldn't be used to choose a diamond).

I've since found a new diamond that has good proportions I think? GIA cert - 2203000278 (34.5 crown and 40.6 pavilion), the pic looks like heart and arrows? Although this one has a very small culet as opposed to none and the girdle is medium to slightly thick 4.0% the first one is no culet and thin to slight thick 3.5%. Thank you for your help! :) Below is a pic, it's SI1 clarity only feathers listed are these likely to be eye clean as they are clear?

It scored 0.7 on the HCA tool

Thank-you.View media item 122718View media item 122719
Somehow I don't see any pics. But 100% return the one that scored over 2 on the HCA. HCA is a rejection tool. Anything over 2 = reject.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do mnot see pictures. Ask the vendor if the diamond is eye clean and at what distance?

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As a general rule the HCA is to be used as a rejection tool, not a selection tool. Light performance images (Ideal-Scope and ASET) will tell you far more about either diamond. See if those images are available for any diamonds you are looking to purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results