shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA report differences

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nilsm

Rough_Rock
Hi

Have been readining this forum for quite a while now - great stuff!

My question - there seem to be two different GIA reports that I''ve encountered.

One type that I''ve received (as scan) from sellers contains a sketch of the diamond with little marks indictating feather, cloud, crystal etc. which I think give a decent idea of what the clarity really looks like (without having the stone at hand). The other type of report doesn''t have that feature.

So, why are there these two different formats and how do you get one if you have the other? Is the sketch in the lower-left really worth anything to judge clarity (i''m interested in SI1)?

Thanks
2.gif

Nils

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that one is a full GIA report while the other is some sort of GIA truncated report (dossier is it called?). Are these smaller stones? In my opinion, I would take a full GIA report because you can use the plot of the stone (the diagram) to map out your inclusions. This comes in handy if the stone is something like an SI1...you can find your inclusions on the map/plot. I think that if you are considering an SI1, the plot would be very important, as it will show you where the inclusions are and what they look like.

But will it make/break a deal? Have you seen the stone in person? If you saw it person and have seen the inclusion in person, thats better than seeing it on paper..so I don't know that I'd NEED the full GIA report just for that--if I saw it in person.

2.gif
Good luck!
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results