shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Mapping??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
What do you guys think of this GIA report plot map. If you look in the tip of the pear diamond there looks to be either a couple of feathers or a couple of misplaced facets.

I have seen simular GIA plots before. Is this something to be very concerned about? Could it potentially be a stress point in the diamond?

I am actually not looking to buy this, just looking for information on how to accurately read these.

Thanks

untitled2.gif

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Try again.

Leo, why does the upload sometimes show the pic, and sometimes have it as an attachment? Am I doing something wrong?

untitled.gif

Rook

Shiny_Rock
highlighted to show what I mean.

untitled3.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Leo, why does the upload sometimes show the pic, and sometimes have it as an attachment? Am I doing something wrong?
----------------

This software is tricky :cheeky:. They now have more recent version. I hope it'll work better.

I found for myself that I have to login first before trying to upload an image.

What is the clarity grade for this stone?

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I believe it was an vs2. I don't exactly remember where I found it. It did have notes indicating feathers.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like the plot is showing extra facets under the girdle near the pointed end. They drew on the facet junction line without erasing any of the other facet lines.

If that's the case, it is just sloppy plotting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results