shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA lab reports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fishcca

Rough_Rock
Hello all-

How long would it take if I wanted a GIA report created for a diamond I was interested in buying? how much would it cost?

I can have it appraised; but should the jeweler pay for this(GIA report), is another question?

Thanks again!

Fishcca

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A GIA lab report can take a few days to a couple of weeks. The time varies as the Fall season approaches and things get busier.

Some sellers will give you a report and others will make you pay for it. A lot depends if their profit margin is large enough to support the added expense. Also, a seller who knows the grading you have been told is incorrect will not want to give you a report that will kill the sale when the truth becomes known....

The GIA paper is a good thing to have when shopping for a diamond. If you love a diamond without a paper, find an appraiser to check it out. You will save money and it will make short work of the process.

Of course, if you need a GIA report in order to decide, insist on it.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto 100% to Dave!

BTW, I think you can call them and make an appointment, if the lab is near you... You leave them the stone, go shopping for an hour of two, and return to the lab and take the stone already graded. I'm not too sure about this, but several persons told this. You can give them a call.
1.gif

fishcca

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. I will see if there is one in Houston!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I had the same sort of question as Fish...if you want to have a stone appraised, how much does it usually cost?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
You leave them the stone, go shopping for an hour of
two, and return to the lab and take the stone
already graded. I'm not too sure about this, but
several persons told this.
----------

It used to be that the stone had to be a minimum of 3 carats to be able to get this same day local service, Giangi. I haven't checked recently to see if that policy has changed or not.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh thank you! It was too good to be true!
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results