shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA key

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

erickson

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of purchasing a GIA certified (square modified brilliant) princess cut diamond it is 1.01ct H VVS2. Under key it says feather, natural, extra facet. Is this a good diamond and what approx price should I look for?

erickson

Rough_Rock
Probably should include everything for some help.

Square modified Brilliant
5.51 x 5.71 x 3.78
1.01ct
Depth 66.2
table 79
girdle thn to thk
cutlet none
polish very good
symmetry good
clarity vvs2
color h
fluor none
comments none
key feather, natural, extra facet
GIA certified

Can you help. Is this a great diamond and if so at what price.

Thanks,
Erickson

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would not be too concerned about the terms on the cert. The natural and the extra facet are probably under the girdle and you will never know they are there.
Suggest you have the stone sent to Dave Atlas (look nhim up in the appraisers on home page).
He will also examine it for you with an idealscope, or you can do that yourself.
We will have a fancy shape instruction page up soon (wont we Leonid?)

erickson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the immediate help. Can you give me an approximate value? I think I am getting a great price. What in your mind would be the great price?

Thanks,
Erickson

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Erickson, you might want to run a search from the front page for the shape, size, color, and clarity as your diamond to get a ballpark value. If your price is too much less I'd double check it with David Atlas or other independent expert as Garry suggested.

Yes Garry this weekend - promise.

erickson

Rough_Rock
What would I discount the price for a Natural and extra facet?

Erickson

erickson

Rough_Rock
The whole story is that my fiancee lost her wedding ring one night we went out. The jeweler has offered us this one for $3700. I think it is a great deal. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results