shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA I/SI stone w/black inclusion center of stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

saphire

Rough_Rock
Hi, there. I am evaluating a GIA I/SI stone fr. WF, but it has black inclusion at center of stone not sure if visible to naked eyes until I talk to Bob Hoskins. According to Bob, "It is beautiful BUT it is not eye-clean. There is a black inclusion almost in the center of the table and you will see it."

Stone I/SI 6.21-6.25x3.83, .92 carat

Attached is GIA cert.

Shall I consider stone since it has black inclusion and u can see it?

Attachments

• Copy of .92 I SI1.pdf[1].pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 50

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
link to the stone?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
nope. try again for something less noticable than a black inclusion.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
You want your diamond to be eye clean always!! To ensure eye clean go with VS2 or see the diamond before purchase

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on what you want, the fact that it isn''t eyeclean likely is bringing down the price a bit if I had to guess. But personally, it would bug me.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
my friend has a gorgeous stone with what we call "a small black freckle" dead-center. it''s clearly visible....there have been people who can''t see it, others who see it and only it. beauty is in the eye of the beholder; it''s up to you. good luck!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Nope for me. Carbon is the kiss of death. There are too many stones available for the same price/clarity that will have clear inclusions that are MUCH less noticeable.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I have a non-diamond stone with a black inclusion. I LOVE the stone, and sometimes I can convince myself that it isn''t a big deal, but really, it bugs the begeebers out of me. And I can''t not see it, it''s RIGHT THERE! Don''t do it to yourself! And if it is a gift for someone else, REALLY don''t do it. There are lovely eye-clean SI1''s out there, find one and have fun! There are other types of inclusions that you might be able to ''deal'' with, but black inclusions are really apparent and very bothersome.
38.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2008 8:30:15 PM
Author:saphire
Hi, there. I am evaluating a GIA I/SI stone fr. WF, but it has black inclusion at center of stone not sure if visible to naked eyes until I talk to Bob Hoskins. According to Bob, 'It is beautiful BUT it is not eye-clean. There is a black inclusion almost in the center of the table and you will see it.'

Stone I/SI 6.21-6.25x3.83, .92 carat

Attached is GIA cert.

Shall I consider stone since it has black inclusion and u can see it?
It depends on you, and we can't tell by looking at the grading report or other images as that is no way to judge whether a diamond is eyeclean or not - personally I wouldn't consider it as a dark inclusion smack dab in the middle of the table would bother me. Especially with a trusted expert such as Bob saying the diamond isn't eyeclean and that you will see the inclusion, I would look for another.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I traded my friend a 1.5 carat RB very white Diamond for a VS .75 RB for that very reason. I began to loathe the diamond for the inclusion that I could see every time I wore it. My friend could not see the inclusion, and loves a big diamond. I loved her .75 RB for a long time and always admired it. When she agreed to trade I was so happy. I STILL think I made a good decision. The worth of the diamond in my eyes is that I am happy to wear it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with other posters - there are too many stones out there to choose from to even consider a stone with that type of inclusion.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be able to deal with it, but it''s up to your own personal tolerance.

DiamondFrEak

Rough_Rock
Ugly inclusion... get something more worth...

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
IMO, it is up to you and your eyes so it is hard to tell without seeing the stone. I have decided that I don''t mind inclusions, but carbon inclusions are where I draw the line. I have specifically told any jeweler who is showing me stones to not bring any with carbon inclusions, but it seems like they don''t listen. One showed me a stone with a noticeable dark inclusion, and then told me it wasn''t carbon but rather garnet like that would somehow change my mind.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would bother me way too much, I am certain that everytime I would look at the stone that the inclusion is what I would see. I think that you should keep looking, you will find something that you will love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results