shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA GEM TRADE REPORT vs. GIA GRADUATE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ptkare

Rough_Rock
Hello,

What is the difference between a GIA Gem Trade Report and a certificate that simply states "Diamond Grading Report and signed by a GIA graduate?

We are about to purchase a ring that only has the latter. Is this risky? Also the depth is 73%, table 80%, girdle polish med, culet none. Polish and symm is very good. It is a 2.36 princess cut with F color and VS2 clarity. He siad it is ideal cut. Do these numbers seem like an ideal cut?
Thanks for your help!!!!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This needs to go on RockyTalk - not Show me your Ring!
sick.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to say that it's a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar cry from an ideal princess...
1.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Post your questions on Rocky Talky. Then you will get the attention of the experts. They will tell you the difference. My impresion is that a GIA GTL certificate needs to live up to stricter criteria and therefore are more consistent. A grading report signed off by a grad gemologist sounds like a self-certified report. It may be good, but not nearly the same guarantee or confidence you get from a GIA of AGS report. Like Giangi said, definitely not within the ideal parameters, but how does it look? and have you compared it against others of ideal proportions to see how it performs. A 2+ ct stone is a huge investment and you should try to do as much up front work as possible to ensure you get the best stone at the best price. Take a look at the fancy cut info on the pricescope tutorial.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
For this consumer, a GIA lab report means everything while an opinion by a GG means very little to me. Especially when the GG is selling the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results