shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA F1 Columbian Emerald - is it a good quality one pls?

Maria L

Rough_Rock
Hi please help.

Found this 2.36ct Emerald ring with GIA F1 I really like especially the vivid green colour. I think half of the stone is okay clear and half with moderate inclusion. As I understand GIA won't grade Emeralds, do you think its a nice stone to buy? Many thanks. Videos of the ring are as follows.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the price. I like the retro ring style and the emerald is a nice shape and color.

Considering emeralds photograph and video terribly, that looks like a lovely stone and ring. If the GIA certified it as F1, I wouldn't worry too much about the inclusions. I imagine they look minimal at eye level. Congrats and enjoy!!

Maria L

Rough_Rock
Depends on the price. I like the retro ring style and the emerald is a nice shape and color.

Thanks yes I really like the setting, very unusual to all my other rings!

Maria L

Rough_Rock
Considering emeralds photograph and video terribly, that looks like a lovely stone and ring. If the GIA certified it as F1, I wouldn't worry too much about the inclusions. I imagine they look minimal at eye level. Congrats and enjoy!!

Thank you so much .

Maria L

Rough_Rock

Not cheap cheap but I have done a lot of research on loose stone prices, its very expensive to to get this kind of quality with cert over 2ct. Emerald 2.36 plus diamond 1.45ct, the jeweller asking for £4000. The other jeweller wanted to sell the same ring (from the same supplier) £600 more but the design is not everyone's cup of tea therefore it still here! Will ask the jeweller to bargain for me if she could

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the price isn’t outrageous for that ring. It seems fair, although not a bargain. I just looked up pounds to USD, and it’s $5080. Not bad. See if you can bargain more though.

Maria L

Rough_Rock
Well the price isn’t outrageous for that ring. It seems fair, although not a bargain. I just looked up pounds to USD, and it’s $5080. Not bad. See if you can bargain more though.

Thanks, my jeweller will bargain with the supplier later this week, keep my fingers crossed

Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if you do get it, please take pictures! Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results