shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Excellent symmetry with H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shockr

Rough_Rock
Hello!

This is my first post but I''ve been lurking for over a month.

I purchased a diamond in HK and tried to look for a diamond with a AGS certification but nobody carried that. They all showed me GIA certificates. I bought the following diamond from a diamond exporter/trader for appx $2000USD:

GIA Certificate
Round Brilliant
Cut looks like Hearts & Arrows through the H&A viewer
Cut Symmetry Excellent
Cut Polish Excellent
Color H
Clarity VS1
Carat 0.71
Depth 61.3%
Table 57%
Girdle Medium
Culet None
Fluorescence None

I think the price is excellent since most of the diamonds I saw online were over $3000USD for something close to this diamond. I didn''t have time to purchase an Idealscope to view the diamond. Setting is a Tiffany style 18K White Gold for approximately $230. The setting looks very good... I''d say it''s almost a 98% replica of the Tiffany ring.

I tried finding an appraiser in HK but I didn''t know where to look so I had the ring set already... I left HK already but I''m just getting antsy thinking that I might have gotten something inferior!
confused.gif

My question is if I see H&A''s, the symmetry is excellent, and the depth and table is within ideal proportions, what are the chances of the crown and pavillion being excellent/ideal?? The diamond looks like it has very good white light and color return.

Thanks for helping me out!
4.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The H&A images are a good sign, but I would still get it appraised. You can have it taken out and reset, or eye-balled in the setting.

shockr

Rough_Rock
If I see H&A does that usually mean the crown and pavillion angles are good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results