shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Excellent Report only VG on Facetware.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I posted a stone that had the following proportions:

Crown angle 33.5
Pavillion angle 40.6
Table 58%

A search of my posts on the forum should have the rest of the specifications. I don''t want to post the GIA report number for confidentiality reasons.

I emailed the GIA about the discrepancy and here is the reply... what do people think? How do GIA determine this??? Especially as GIA round a pavillion angle ''up'' to the nearest 0.2 which means that the diamond wouldn''t have had an average pavillion of 40.7 (closer to the 40.8 needed for an excellent grade with those proportions).

*** reply from GIA ***

I received your inquiry regarding your Dossier report. I do see that there is a difference between our report and the Facetware program. The Facetware program uses rounded data while the actual information for the Dossier report is a lot more detailed and accurate. Unfortunately, we do not provide actual Sarin reports but the information is all listed on the Dossier report.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what is the date of the GIA report?

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Feb 2006.

The reply from GIA was a few days ago.

Rest of the measurements for people wanting to play on facetware.
Crown height 14
Pav depth 43
Star length 45
Lower Half 80
Girdle thin to med (faceted) or those I suspect it''s close to medium as the dimensions don''t add up.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may have been submitted to GIA in 2005, given a 2005 report, then given a new report in 2006 (Feb suggests that is possible) when the cut grade came out. They had some glitches.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Tanalasta, If you look at the footnote on the Facetware page it says:

"...The estimated cut grade provided by this software is not a valuation, appraisal, or guarantee and it is not a warranty or representation of the diamond''s final cut grade as determined by GIA. ... "

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results