shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA comments??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherry

Rough_Rock
There are some comments on the GIA report
-Clarity grade is based on clouds that are not shown
-Internal graining is not shown
-Surface graining is not shown

what do those mean? are they important for my decision?

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
The diamond has some clouds (a type of inclusion) that are not shown on the little drawing, but they did factor into what the grade was determined to be. Similarly, the diamonds have some minor internal and surface graining which weren't detailed on the drawing.

In my unprofessional opinion, I don't think it matters.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

The noted characteristics of the stone are probably very minor and if plotted would make the stone look worse than it really is. In reality they don't effect the clarity grade that adversely. Cindy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me guess... this is a VS1 or better, isn't it? And / or... the plot is cleaner than the clarity grade might make you expect.

Graining is mentioned in comments when relevant as a clarity factor, but rarely plotted (never seen it so, but I am not reading GIA reports for a living either). This graining can extend somewhat on the surface or into the stone (it is a defect of crystal growth) looking somewhat like a heat wawe through the stone (it may have a tint or not, usually not). If the inclusions plot would mark it, the mark may cover a decent portion of the diamond, much more than any inclusion: but then, nothig is visible in that area ! So it is justifiable, I think, that such characteristic is not plotted: it would make the poor plot look red for no reason. Is this a problem? Not often. No way to tell more without knowing more of the stone or seing it...

That cloud is probably to small to plot, otherwise it wold be.

cherry

Rough_Rock
so can I ignore those comments and go for the diamond?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If these comments are within the range of better qulity stones,I would not worry about them too much,Except for the comment that says somthing about graining, Somtimes that is an indication that the stone has a tinge of brown to it.In order to determine You physically have to see the stone.

Good luck

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It depends. If I saw such a comment on an SI 2, I would be quite concerned. If the stone is VS 2 or better, then it's absolutely nothing to worry about.
1.gif

cherry

Rough_Rock
The stone is H /VS2

what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results