shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA certified VS1 diamond, feather inclusion on girdle.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys, I had some questions about a diamond with a feather inclusion, it is GIA certified, VS1 Clarity, the feather is the first inclusion listed. I have searched a lot on this topic and saw many experts mention if the feather was near the girdle on a VS1 diamond it shouldn't raise any concerns about durability. However, this particular diamond has the feather on the girdle, it starts just above the girdle and runs through the girdle and stops at the bottom girdle line. Now everything I have read says to steer clear of a diamond with a feathered girdle as it's integrity is jeopardized, my question is, since it is still a VS1, regardless if the feather is on the girdle does it still pose any real risk?

I provided a magnified view of the diamond with a red circle highlighting the feather. What are your opinions? Should I pass on this diamond because of the location of the feather? Otherwise, I love the diamond, it's a 3 EX, and received a 1.4 on the HCA tool. Thanks for your advice.

vs1feather.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feather on a VS1 is no problem.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1423162446|3827861 said:
Feather on a VS1 is no problem.
Even if it's actually on the girdle, and not just "near it" ?

If so, that's great news!

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
Would anyone else like to chime in? Maybe another appraiser wouldn't mind throwing his or her 2 cents in? :)

Only concern is that it's on the girdle it self, just looking for some peace of mind to sleep better tonight lol.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
No wories VS1.....its a feather .....

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
Well that's definitely a good thing to hear, it's just kinda odd to me since everything I've read on here the past few years pointed to the location of where the feather was, most notably the girdle being the worst spot for that inclusion as it lowered the stones durability, everyone seemed pretty content on nixing those rocks. People seemed fine with the "near by" the girdle but avoided the girdle feather.

Appreciate the reassurance fellas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results