shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

washingtonese2002

Rough_Rock
How can I know the diamond I bought is the one indicated on its certification?

DBOF

Rough_Rock
The diamond can be matched up to the G.I.A. report by checking it`s clarity features under a scope compared to the G.I.A. plot diagram, its measurments, weight, etc.
You can take it to a qualified appraiser and they will verify.

Brad

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/20/2003 6:44:30 PM DBOF wrote:

"You can take it to a qualified appraiser and they will verify."

If you trust a local jeweler you can obtain his help free of charge. A diamond that is not flawless will have inclusions that are marked on the GIA certificate. If you cannot see these with a loupe a local jeweler may be able to help you to find them-either with a loupe or with a miroscope. It is also easy for him to throw a diamond onto a scale to get the exact carat weight.

I have bought diamonds from Internet vendors for the past few years, not from local jewelers. On the other hand I use a local jeweler to *make* custom jewelry for me. He knows he has my loyalty and we have a good personal relationship. He never minds helping me look at a stone.

The way I am recommending is not the "by the book" way and may not be the best way for everybody. If you do not have a jeweler whom you trust, bringing in a stone you bought elsewhere may just make a local jeweler angry and jealous. If he is angry and jealous, he can end up knocking the stone you bought...unfairly. That is why an independent appraiser was recommended. The appraiser doesn't sell stones and, therefore, will not wish to make a sale of *his* stone over the one you are bringing in.

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results