shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA certificate is over a year-old

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Inabella

Rough_Rock
I just received a diamond ring yesterday from the UPS after waiting for about 10 days to get it delivered. By the way, my husband ordered that ring over the internet, MONDERA, to be exact is our online jewelerer. It is a .85 ct, G in color and VVS2 in clarity, the depth is 62.8% and the table is 62%, fluorescent is none. We paid approx $4300 including the ring (18K tiffany style with platinum prong). Do you think the price is reasonable? We were very pleased with the ring, however, after doing some research about how to buy a good diamond, I was a bit dissapointed with the date of issuance of the certificate (GIA), which was May 07, 2002, that means the certificate is over a year-old. Does anyone think I am just exagurating it?

Looking forward to getting your responses. To be honest with you, I am thinking of sending it back:(.

Pls help.
Bella

Inabella

Rough_Rock
Oops...I am sorry,

Just wanted to make a correction re the date of issuance: May 07, 2001.

Thx,
Inabella

barry

Shiny_Rock
Inabella;

This is not a cause for concern. Your cert is
considered very recent.

Stones with older certs ( approx 5 years + ) can always
be re-submitted to GIA for verification.
You will be issued a new certificate (together with the old)
that verifies the information on the first cert.
The turn-around time is up to several days and cost
is based on the carat size.

In your case, if you like the diamond, keep it.

Barry
www.superbcert.com
"When Good Isn't Good Enough"

Inabella

Rough_Rock
Hi Barry,

thank you for the response. I feel better now, since most of the certificates that I saw online were newer than mine, that's why it got me started writing my posting. Probably, I am really into following all the rules about buying a good diamond..hahahah.

Anyway, I love my diamond ring a whole lot now;-)

Best regards,
Inabella

;)) ;)) :lickout:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results