shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA cert

chill1986

Rough_Rock
The GiA certification, the sales representative was telling me that GIA is the best standard for diamond grading. The Rep from Spence was also trying to deter me from purchasing from anyone that doesn't have GIA certified diamonds. Is she right in saying this? Are there other standards that are equal?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
chill1986|1446820852|3946297 said:
The GiA certification, the sales representative was telling me that GIA is the best standard for diamond grading. The Rep from Spence was also trying to deter me from purchasing from anyone that doesn't have GIA certified diamonds. Is she right in saying this? Are there other standards that are equal?

AGS would be equal. IGI, EGL, GSI, are lesser.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kb1gra|1446822381|3946301 said:
chill1986|1446820852|3946297 said:

AGS would be equal. IGI, EGL, GSI, are lesser.

When it comes to cut grading I respect AGS more than I respect GIA.

IOW a top cut grade from AGS is all I need to make a buy decision on cut, but a top cut grade from GIA sends me to other cut-evaluation tools like Idealscope and HCA.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/ideal-scope

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When it comes to color and clarity grading- the bedrocks of diamond pricing, GIA is the gold standard.
I agree AGSL is also a viable alternative.
The salesperson is correct in advising you that EGL reports in particular are known to be very soft on grading.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results