shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
I was just noticing a dossier on the GIA's website which includes what is called a laser inscription registry number. It appears as if this number is inscribed on the girdle of the diamond itself. In my experience I have not seen many certs with this feature. Is the inscription something that needs to be requested when you submit the diamond to GIA for certification? I was just curious as this may be another way to identify your stone.:))

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The laser inscription is another way to identify your diamond. The number matches the number on the cert. and many cutters/sellers are having the diamonds they sell inscribed with their brand name or logo as well. Although it was available before, I believe GIA is now inscribing all of the diamonds they grade. You can also have a retailer do this for you on a diamond that is not laser inscribed.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Hi Lawmax :))

Thanks for the information. The GIA cert that came along with my diamond does not say that it is inscribed. The cert is dated Dec. 2001 so I assume this must be a fairly new practice for the GIA. Also, there was no mention of an inscription when I took the it to the appraiser. My assumption then is that it is not inscribed. I think I will look into having this done.

Thanks again!
Sharon

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond has a GIA report from June 2000 (we bought the diamond about 2 weeks later) and it is inscribed EIGHTSTAR and the inscription number. Many dealers will get this done for you and some have machines that will allow you to put your own message on the girdle. :)

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Hi Lawmax

Apparently then this is NOT a new practice for the GIA...hhhmmmm...wondering why my GIA cert does not state it has no inscription on it ....any ideas?

:confused:

By the way, I see you got a new hair cut. It looks terrific!:cheeky:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Leonid gave me this lovely look! I did ask him once why my hair was soooo bad! The only red headed choice.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results