shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Additional Inscription H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rich7781

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I recently found a diamond to my liking after much research and work. The diamond was found by my personal family jeweler, with whom I have had a long relationship. He is a very honest and trustworthy individual and located the stone from one of his contacts. After seeing the stone in person and picking it from three other stones, I decided to proceed with the purchase. My jeweler indicated to me at this point that although the stone had been graded by GIA, no laser inscription was present on the stone. He suggested that I wait until his contact sent the stone back to GIA to get the diamond laser inscribed.

Yesterday, he called and indicated that the diamond has been sent back by GIA and available for pickup today. I checked on GIA''s website and confirmed that the certificate has been changed to include "Laser Inscription Registry," and the Date of Issue updated to "October 25, 2007." My concern is that at the bottom of the report in the comments section is a comment that was not present in the old report (prior to laser inscription registry) that says "Additional Inscription: H&A." I understand that this has nothing to do with GIA, but rather something they are reporting is inscribed on the stone. Is this a deal breaker or something I should be concerned about? Everything else for the diamond is exactly what I''m looking for. I have also already ordered the Excel Tiffany Channel setting for this specific diamond. Thanks for your input.

Here are the specs on the stone:

GIA Round Brilliant

Measurements: 7.05 - 7.10 x 4.30 mm
Carat Weight: 1.30
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: IF
Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:
Depth: 60.8 %
Table: 57 %
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15 %
Pavilion Angle: 41°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 75 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

Comments: Minor details of polish are not shown.
Additional Inscription: H&A

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
that isnt a deal breaker at all. 1 u have to have a microscope to see the laser registry so the performance of the diamond hasnt been effected at all and 2 H&A diamonds are considered one of the best cuts period i see no negative here

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
did they add the H &a??? i''m cofused. I''m guessing it means hearts and arrows?

rich7781

Rough_Rock
From my research here on PS, the inscription "H&A" may or may not be true. GIA does not grade Hearts and Arrows, but is just reporting that there is an inscription present on the stone. This additional comment was not present on initial GIA report, before it was sent back to be laser inscribed with the GIA registry.

Please see the following link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gia-h-a-inscription.26530/

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Not a dealbreaker at all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results