shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting Ring Resized at Mall Jewelry Store?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatalysis

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My fiance has a ring (not her e-ring) that needs to be resized. Are the resizing services offered by mall jewelry stores like Whitehall, Zales and Kaye pretty comparable to more higher-end B&M stores?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
most malls have a "while you wait" repair. i would go there. zales, et.al. send the pieces out and you won''t get them back for couple of weeks.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
I''d recommend finding a shop that has a laser welder as opposed to one which sizes with a torch because the results are cleaner and additional solder does not have to be added to the ring. Be sure to find a shop which takes the time to walk you through your diamond and note the specifics on the job envelope BEFORE you leave it with them and which will take the time to walk you back through your diamond and ring before you leave with it... This procedure helps to protect both you and the store owner from any possible confusion that may arise later regarding the specifics of the item that you dropped off and the condition that it is in when you pick it up. I got off the phone with a gentleman the other day who was seeking our advice regarding what he perceived to be damage that occured to the diamond while it was in the care of a trusted family jeweler (it wasn''t us)... A few days after having the ring re-sized, his fiance noticed a chip in the diamond that was catching on her clothes. He louped the diamond and saw a crack running from top to bottom on the side of the diamond that he does not recall being there prior to having the ring worked on... The ring is uninsured and the condition of the diamond was not indicated, nor the characteristics described on the take-in form provided by the jeweler. It''s a sad case of "he said, she said" that could easily be avoided by going through the diamond and ring in detail during the process of dropping the ring off for sizing and a careful review of the details and ring before leaving the store with it upon pick-up. If a jeweler isn''t willing to take a few moments to run through such things to protect the both of you, find one that will.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results